Banned for 9 days? Harsh nanny.

Hello. I have been banned from uploading for 9 days and i just took a week off in order to have the time to upload and tag everything properly.  Alamy is being unjust and unfair and insinuating their time is more valuable than mine. The images rejected were DSLR and are already for sale on GETTY PREMIUM SELECTION. They have rejected an untouched  macro photo which is very very detailed, with bokeh around the edges, saying it's blurry! Um yeah....bokeh is blurred! It's supposed to be! But 9 days? Wow. Harsh punishment and now costing me a fortune in wasted vacation time. Ready to bail on Alamy already.

This topic is a little misleading - to clarify - your upload privileges were frozen as you had uploaded images taken with Samsung Galaxy A5 mobile phone. This is unsuitable for Alamy submissions. 

There may have been other images within your uploads that were taken with suitable cameras, but we don't check every image you send us and if one fails then any others you have awaiting QC will also fail. 

Here's a link to our submission guidelines: https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/

Hope this helps,

Alamy

It's the same rules for us all. And most of us obey them and pass QC regularly. You could consider spending some time fixing your tags and captions on the few images you've already loaded. An old car with the caption "Fairyland at Dawn" is one example of poor captioning, the young women in shorts "Short shorts Stopping traffic" as a caption.....yet there is no traffic being stopped at all in the image.

You took a week off and did not bother to read the guidelines? Uploading a phone pic?? And you are complaining about it? Err....

As cbimages mentioned, you obviously did not do any reading how to tag and caption either.

9 days suspension well deserved in my opinion.

You need to improve your approach to keywording or tagging. You have an old 60's pick-up with an Ontario plate but you don't say Canada nor Ontario. In fact you should nail the year and make . That Arret sign could only be in Quebec, they use Stop in France. Fairyland at dawn?  What kind of a title is that doing here?  This isn't a camera club, it is a commercial site where we hope to make sales after imparting some information attached to our photographs. So your recent proposed upload is on Getty Premium Selection already? Alamy are happy with non-exclusive, you sure this is OK with Getty?

Alamy  does have a separate side for smartphone pix, but they have to be taken on an iphone  Let's not get into why!

On 26/05/2018 at 04:20, Ashavatar said:

Hello. I have been banned from uploading for 9 days and i just took a week off in order to have the time to upload and tag everything properly.  Alamy is being unjust and unfair and insinuating their time is more valuable than mine. The images rejected were DSLR and are already for sale on GETTY PREMIUM SELECTION. They have rejected an untouched  macro photo which is very very detailed, with bokeh around the edges, saying it's blurry! Um yeah....bokeh is blurred! It's supposed to be! But 9 days? Wow. Harsh punishment and now costing me a fortune in wasted vacation time. Ready to bail on Alamy already.

id give you 90 days ban for coming on here and feeding us a half story 

39 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

First time I've ever had a red I think. :o Thanks fella. I won't be giving you one back though cause I don't bother with them anyway. :P

A green to cancel it out.

Allan

49 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

First time I've ever had a red I think. :o Thanks fella. I won't be giving you one back though cause I don't bother with them anyway. :P

Sorry, I missed yours out when I said there was a red for every post. Would you like one to make a full house?:)

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

A green to cancel it out.

Allan

5 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Sorry, I missed yours out when I said there was a red for every post. Would you like one to make a full house?:)

Thanks guys but really I'm not fussed either way. :)

Archived