How often do you get a quick sale?

It's nice that you can upload with keywords and potentially get a sale the day after QC but how often does this happen?

I still get the feeling my pictures need to "mature" before they can be bought and in 242 sales have only one instance of a sale within three months of uploading. All the others seem to be at least a year after upload or more. 

When I started it took 18 months to get a sale - which the forum at the time agreed was par for the course but surely, statistically, I should expect with an established "rank" that I get the occasional one that is of a recent picture?

Of course this bodes well for my dotage....

John Crellin

15 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

It happens once in a while. I've had a couple of quick-ish sales this year, but usually my images have to marinate  stagnate for some time before they license.  Unfortunately, some have been marinating for years. B)

Edited for accuracy. ;):) 

I took all my images down in 2015. Alamy had changed formats several times since i first started working with them, so I thought I would start from scratch with image sizing, editing, and keywording.  I just got around putting new images up in the last week of January of this year, and had my first sale off the new uploads within 2 weeks. It was a tree frog. I think that is fast.

Quick for me is in the year they were taken and that applies to less than 10% of my collection, though it increases year on year.. I had a sale in 4 days last summer but that was exceptional. it's going to depend on the variety in your port.

21 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I'm usually a letter or two behind when it comes to "quick" sales (such as they are). I'm now seeing the occasional K sale show up since there were no L's for some reason.

There was the 'first no L'...

Best I've managed recently is taken on 11 Jan 18, uploaded 15th Jan, used in The Times on 27th Jan.  Nor reported till end of Feb but noticed and added to the "Have you found..." thread.  (Thanks Bryan.)  Portrait of winter flowering heath.

Archived