3 hours ago, Stokie said:

"A few too many similars (angelic ceramics eg) but not too many."

Also reread my post  - I did state that he didn't have too many but to be aware that Alamy will fail submissions for too many similars and it will hurt your rank and therefore your sales.

Just trying to help.

John.

Hello again, The Angelic images in question are mine, hope you don't mind me asking, should I delete the close up shot ? as the wider image can be cropped. But there is the comment earlier about framing for magazines and having space for wording, as I was a cameraman for tv that's not a natural thing for me to do so I will change my viewpoint on that too.

Thank you all for help

I think the little angels are just fine. I like what you have done with them. (I also don't understand why it would be difficult to hear someone thank God for a blessing. It didn't seem to me to be unrelated to the subject of making an early sale.)

Paulette

58 minutes ago, Kelv said:

Hello again, The Angelic images in question are mine, hope you don't mind me asking, should I delete the close up shot ? as the wider image can be cropped. But there is the comment earlier about framing for magazines and having space for wording, as I was a cameraman for tv that's not a natural thing for me to do so I will change my viewpoint on that too.

Thank you all for help

No, I would leave the images as they are.

The reason I mentioned them is to be aware in future about uploading too many similars.

John.

1 hour ago, spacecadet said:

Is once here really "so often"? It doesn't frustrate me. 

I wouldn't usually refer to Him in a secular context but I don't think we should be telling someone not to.

I tend to agree. Contributors can attribute their Alamy sales to Whomever or Whatever they wish. Personally, I'm sticking to more worldly theories. I figure that He/She/It has a lot more important stuff to contend with these days. B)

45 minutes ago, Stokie said:

No, I would leave the images as they are.

The reason I mentioned them is to be aware in future about uploading too many similars.

John.

Thank you 

1 hour ago, NYCat said:

I think the little angels are just fine. I like what you have done with them. (I also don't understand why it would be difficult to hear someone thank God for a blessing. It didn't seem to me to be unrelated to the subject of making an early sale.)

Paulette

Thanks for supporting... But he might be kidding...

6 hours ago, spacecadet said:

I wouldn't say that the sets on your first couple of pages contained many similars, but there is a lot of duplication.

Elaborate. I am not understanding your distinction between similars and duplication. You mean duplicates as in the same subject? I usually just post outtakes from past conceptual or documentary projects I have worked on. Often I post shots of the same subject from different distances, from different angles, different orientation, and sometimes with different lenses.

I may have a whole pie, then a half pie, then a half pie with serving utensil, then a slice of pie, then a slice with a fork and napkin. Each are different. Some with copyspace, some closeup. When it comes to homemade pie, I can work it until I get 6-8 uploadable shots, each different.

Betty

14 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I may have a whole pie, then a half pie, then a half pie with serving utensil, then a slice of pie, then a slice with a fork and napkin. Each are different. Some with copyspace, some closeup. When it comes to homemade pie, I can work it until I get 6-8 uploadable shots, each different.

Betty

Any Custard :)

20 hours ago, John Mitchell said:

I tend to agree. Contributors can attribute their Alamy sales to Whomever or Whatever they wish. Personally, I'm sticking to more worldly theories. I figure that He/She/It has a lot more important stuff to contend with these days. B)

like help American sports teams win championships

On 3/19/2018 at 21:28, John Richmond said:

Well done for accepting recognition of the problem.  We've had a few newer contributors who haven't :)

To give you a couple of examples of the level of detail you'll need to research to generate suitable keywords and captions to enable your photos to be found I'll provide you with a couple of IDs: 

• Your red / deep pink flower is a Diascia.  There are a number of cultivars and seed strains of D. rigescens, the commonest species in cultivation and it's probably one of those.  They're half hardy perennials grown as summer flowering garden annuals.
  • The bumble bee looks to be (the image is a bit small to be absolutely positive) the common carder bee, Bombus pascuorum, probably an old worker as the ginger hairs have faded to beige.  It's feeding on Devil's bit scabious, Succisa pratensis.

In each case it's essential to include both Latin and common names in both your caption and supertags to give you the best visibility for buyers.  Believe me, buyers look for specific flora and fauna by the Latin name.  After that the tagging is up to you as long as it's relevant to the image.  Irrelevant tags will throw up to many false views and drive your CTR steadily downwards.

Thank you so much! I’ll be sure to update my captions and tags :)

45 minutes ago, Dylan_Larking said:

On the topic of identifying plants, is the green leaf in my odd one out picture that of a beech tree?

I'm not sure, I'm scouring the internet trying to find latin names for all my flower pictures too, not a fun job, there is an app for your phone too not sure how good it is, might be useful though. There's this too https://www.woodlandtrust.org.uk/visiting-woods/trees-woods-and-wildlife/british-trees/how-to-identify-trees/leaves-and-needles/

1 hour ago, Dylan_Larking said:

On the topic of identifying plants, is the green leaf in my odd one out picture that of a beech tree?

It looks like a leaf from a common beech Fagus sylvatica, which is found in England. American beech leaves have saw teeth.

2 hours ago, GS-Images said:

I'm surprised at you Betty. You eat a whole pie, and then another half a pie? That's awful. I'd be full after a quarter, and I eat lots! Maybe they are small pies? Got any spare?

😁 You haven’t seen me eat pie!  I cut my pie in fourths, eat one piece with iced tea, and that’s my meal. Who needs a main course? My specialties are apple, cherry, coconut cream, and lemon cream. Although I make other kinds, those are the ones I make the most often.

Betty

1 minute ago, Betty LaRue said:

😁 You haven’t seen me eat pie!  I cut my pie in fourths, eat one piece with iced tea, and that’s my meal. Who needs a main course? My specialties are apple, cherry, coconut cream, and lemon cream. Although I make other kinds, those are the ones I make the most often.

Betty

I'm on my way round - get the kettle on! ;) :)

2 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

My specialties are apple, cherry, coconut cream, and lemon cream. Although I make other kinds, those are the ones I make the most often.

Betty

Oklahoma is not that far from Montana.

21 hours ago, Martin B said:

It looks like a leaf from a common beech Fagus sylvatica, which is found in England. American beech leaves have saw teeth.

Ahh okay thanks. I was wondering why the leaves in the pictures I found were jagged :) 

And just once again thanking everyone else too, just searching up the Latin name of the plant with “bee” next to it brings up my image as the 2nd result! I now have a lot more enthusiasm to continue now I’ve found where I messed up.

Archived