Hi all 

I have been away for a long time. I have popped back to see how things are going at Alamy and found this, below<
The images were discoverable before so have I missed a big change?

5 Images on sale with good or optimized discoverability.
2,189 Images on sale with poor discoverability

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Only about a third of mine are "green", but your images appear to be even more minimally keyworded. You have to have a silly number of tags to "go green"- about 45- so we don't bother.

WB, btw.

I think it's 40 tags .. for what it's worth!

11 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Hmm... I have an image that I tagged a few days ago with 40 tags (including 10 supertags) which is green...

I think it might be some combo of 40 tags, 10 supers and all (some of?) the optional info filled out.

Or 50 tags and x supers, or ...

But as others have said, keyword well, but don't spam. For a lot of images, 50 keywords would be spam, or at best, pretty useless to buyers.

3 hours ago, spacecadet said:

Only about a third of mine are "green", but your images appear to be even more minimally keyworded. You have to have a silly number of tags to "go green"- about 45- so we don't bother.

WB, btw.

I have never been a fan of large numbers of keyword :-)

30 minutes ago, Matt Ashmore said:

Hmm... I have an image that I tagged a few days ago with 40 tags (including 10 supertags) which is green...

when I was trying to do this, mine was 40, 10 super and all the second tab filled out...never had full optimization

I still don’t undestand the green/orange thing...

in lightroom I fill the titles, caption and headline + location fields (usually automaticly since I use a GPS unit on my camera) + obviuously keywords. Mostly between 20 to 50... 

Regarding keywording I usually don’t need more then 20-30...

The image below is the only "fully optimized" one that I have. It pretty much sums up how I felt after dreaming up 10 supertags, 50 tags, and two categories. I find that I can only come up with a lot of relevant (hopefully) keywords with images that lend themselves to having a lot of concept terms, not just descriptive ones. This image licensed not long ago, if that means anything.

sleeping-male-traveler-taling-a-nap-on-a

I agree that 40 tags, 10 supertags, description, caption, Optional filled out and one category will turn the bar partially green. 50 tags will take it all the way. Some of the oldies have 50 even after I culled.  To do otherwise I’d have had to delete all the tags and start over, which since I was going cross eyed as it were, I wasn’t willing to do. Maybe one by one as I come across them...probably not.

Almost none of the newer ones since AIM have 50.  But half or so of those have 40 through use of phrases and concepts. Some have 37-39 but I refused to spam to get there.

When one goes through 5000 images mostly one by one except for some sets, you learn what you learn.

Betty

Archived