Hello all,

I saw that on an other forum Marianne was hinting that folks where looking for me here :). What a pleasure to hear that. 

The reason for disappearing:

I started with Alamy a time ago and created a large port for 22K. With all the uploading i created quit a mess with RM/RF and keywording could be better. I was thinking for long time if i should try to find the black spots in the big pile and try to correct them somehow or just start from now since i was little stressed to get in legal problems. So i decided i start from new.... take good care of the licenses and especially keywording. I know some of you will think i am crazy by having cancelled my whole port BUT i just feel better with that.

Anyway i am back and ready to add my comments again.

Mirco

Hello Mirco. I'm sure you will make a lively return to the forum.

I'll be interested to hear how your port performs over the coming months (if you are happy to share that with us). You seem to have adopted a policy of using single keywords, the vast majority of which are pertinent to the image (avoiding spam). How might  your rate of searches,  zooms and sales compare to the practice adopted by the contributors like myself of primarily using keyword phrases and avoiding single keywords if that might produce irrelevant search results? It is an issue which is exercising our collective mind at the moment, so your input could be valuable.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Hello Mirco. I'm sure you will make a lively return to the forum.

I'll be interested to hear how your port performs over the coming months (if you are happy to share that with us). You seem to have adopted a policy of using single keywords, the vast majority of which are pertinent to the image (avoiding spam). How might  your rate of searches,  zooms and sales compare to the practice adopted by the contributors like myself of primarily using keyword phrases and avoiding single keywords if that might produce irrelevant search results? It is an issue which is exercising our collective mind at the moment, so your input could be valuable.

Hello Joseph,

Thats indeed a good idea. It will help us all. I will open an new thread in a couple of months and let you know about my experience. 

Welcome back, Mirco. It was actually Philippe who started a thread to ask about you. Unfortunately, he is gone from the forum and is greatly missed. Perhaps you can get the whole story from him elsewhere but the red arrows had a lot to do with it. Just more proof that they are destructive. I don't think there is any chance that Alamy will stop using them but I sure wish they would. You were always a positive and welcome presence here so I am happy to see you.

Paulette

Archived