I am not new in the section of Photography . My photos hangs on the wall of academy of fine arts(India) . I don't know one of my best image alamy rejected in qc . I hope it's a insult . I want to know the reason ..

Watch this image .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=838672416206394&set=a.104189609654682.6915.100001909306246&type=3&theater

You have been given the reason for failure that would be helpful to know if you want help from the forum.

My guess will be SoLD (soft or lacking definition) - the requirement of a totally focused (sharp) logical area in the image has surprised established photographers.

I am not new in the section of Photography . My photos hangs on the wall of academy of fine arts(India) . I don't know one of my best image alamy rejected in qc . I hope it's a insult . I want to know the reason ..

Watch this image .

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=838672416206394&set=a.104189609654682.6915.100001909306246&type=3&theater

I had the same last week.  It can be frustrating but it is just one of those things you have to deal with. Don't take it personally. It can be hard sometimes to agree with with decisions but there is no point expending any energy on it, unless of course it starts to happen on a regular basis. I thought my last submission was OK but when I looked at the one that was rejected, I had to agree with the fact that it was flat and lacking definition. :-)

Alamy QC never fails a submission to insult anyone. They only want good technically perfect images that they can feel confident the license will not be voided because the purchaser sees faults when they see the full-size product.

Most of us on this forum have failed QC sometime or other. QC doesn't make artistic judgements. A landscape shot in a soft, dreamy way may look beautiful framed on the wall, where QC sees an unsharp image.

Remember that most images here are sold as editorial. To illustrate an article, appear on a website, or printed in a textbook. These all need to be sharp straight out of the camera without you sharpening it in post, with no chromatic aberration, noise or dust spots in the sky. The color needs to be true, unless you do a deliberate color shift that is apparent.

If I have a distant bird in the sky, I delete it because it might be taken for a dust spot.

Artistic works are often (with exceptions) not the best images to submit here.

Good luck and keep trying.

Betty

I agree with responses here. Apart from my business side of stock photography, I also exhibit images internationally. I never mix my fine art or impressionistic images with stock. At Alamy these images would not be acceptable to QC for stock. So just use your judgement to know where to draw the line between stock and fine art and you should be ok. Good luck.

Jim. :)

I would like to add something else to this discussion; I suspect that if you aren't seeing an odd rejection here and there, it may well mean that you aren't taking enough risks. Sometimes we have to try new things and QC is very good at reminding us when we leave the technical boundaries of stock photography.

I would like to add something else to this discussion; I suspect that if you aren't seeing an odd rejection here and there, it may well mean that you aren't taking enough risks. Sometimes we have to try new things and QC is very good at reminding us when we leave the technical boundaries of stock photography.

+1

Archived