They are remarkably similar, but the bus does move ever so slightly in all of the images.  Looks like someone kept their finger on the button for some time.  I can't see the point in uploading that many, but I don't know how similar a similar has to be before it's QC similar.

They are remarkably similar, but the bus does move ever so slightly in all of the images.  Looks like someone kept their finger on the button for some time.  I can't see the point in uploading that many, but I don't know how similar a similar has to be before it's QC similar.

Yes, on closer inspection I see you are correct, they are slightly different. 

What on earth is going on here -

http://tinyurl.com/zf4tpko

I count 17 identical to G10DFB (look at the position of the cyclists).

I'm genuinely baffled - what's the point?

Try following the gap between the red light and the top of the bus. But what a lot of extra work unless someone was being paid to do the post and keywording and didn't give a monkey's- piecework maybe?

It's a long time since in-camera dupes were a good idea.

Not sure about flagging up a fellow photographer's work for public ridicule (even though the points made are valid)...

Well, yes perhaps it wasn't a good idea and I didn't mean to ridicule - I was just interested in why someone would do this.

as Mark Dunn has suggested, perhaps he has subbed the job out to a service to keyword and upload with little or no editing. Sounds an expensive way of doing things, but maybe he's very busy. Some good photography there and aerial work doesn't come cheap, but his 1700 shots really come down to more like 150 at the most. But, hey, lots of people approach stock with very different attitudes. Once I thought I had a pretty good grasp on how it worked.......

qc does not care about similars. I know this because when I was learning to use my ftp program I accidentally uploaded the same batch twice, a few times. Then I had to delete the identicals. 

I did this once, and contacted CR.  I was told that an accidental double upload would NOT count as too many similars, as it would obviously have been a mistake.  I was advised to simply delete the identical images after they had passed QC.  

I guess they would be able to tell because the file names would be the same.

qc does not care about similars. I know this because when I was learning to use my ftp program I accidentally uploaded the same batch twice, a few times. Then I had to delete the identicals.

QC don't check all submissions - Possibly only a very small number actually.

Geoff.

Do you have any factual evidence of this? I accept that not all IMAGES may not be checked but certainly not all SUBMISSIONS.

Guest Stockfotoart
On 29.11.2016 at 17:08, ReeRay said:

On 29.11.2016 at 16:05, GS-Images said:

On 29.11.2016 at 15:57, AlessandraRC said:

QC don't check all submissions - Possibly only a very small number actually.

Geoff.

Do you have any factual evidence of this? I accept that not all IMAGES may not be checked but certainly not all SUBMISSIONS.

Archived