This Dog Harness?

When snapping this pic, I assumed this was a service dog. I could not get in front of the woman to see is she had need of one (There was an event going on). 

But I'm not familiar with the harness on the dog. Do any of you know what the harness is? 

service-dog-and-elderly-woman-H8P3WR.jpg

Thanks for your help.

Edo

This dog probably has hip dysplasia.

In addition to the position of the hind legs, the dog's front left paw also looks deformed or clenched. I suspect it's something considerably more serious than hip dysplasia.

Thanks you all again for all the information on this animal. And thanks for the compliments on the snap, Betty and Colblimp.

I'm a dog lover and admirer, if not a dog owner. Dogs who have physical problems, unless they're in pain, just seem to adjust and go about their day. One person in my neighborhood has a three-legged dog, and that dog has better balance than I do. And thanks, fD, for noticing the front paw. 

Edo

What I like about this picture is how it shows the owner's devotion to her dog. It would be much easier for her to leave it at home. Instead, she has bought a harness for it, probably fairly costly, takes the dog with her, while having to bend over and lift the weight every time they move from one place to another.

She's decided to not relegate her dog to the life of the disabled, but allows it to go with her and be exposed to the city life. Much more stimulating to the dog than being curled up in a doggie bed alone while she is away.

I love pictures that tell a story, and this one does. I would use the keywords "devotion" and "devoted" if it were me.

Good idea about the keywords, Betty. 

Actually, the woman and the dog are helping one another out as friends. The woman looked shabby and a that harness must have cost her over $100.

We have a very good no-kill animal rescue center around the corner from me, Animal Haven. When I stop to say hello to people's dogs they often tell me they got their dog from them. 

I'm a sucker for dogs. Most of my life I owned dogs. The first that was mine alone was a black and white female rat terrier named Jinx, when I was eleven. I only stopped when my Yorkie died, after we got the birds. It's been 20 years and I still grieve for her. She was the light of my life, my Katie.

I could tell your owner was poor by her clothing. I'm sure the two comfort each other.

I hope this image sells over and over.

Archived