Just saw this. About 50% are mine, I think. 

http://flowers.pearljewelryusa.com/flower-shows-uk-may-2016/

DISCLAIMER: All Images and background found in this web are believed to be in the "public domains". More of the images displayed are of unknown origin. We don't intend to infringe any legitimate copyright intellectual right or artistic rights. If you are the rightfull owner of any of the Images/pictures posted in this web, and you won't it to be displayed here or if you require a suitable credit to your website, then please contact us from contact form & we will immediately do whatever is needed either for the image to be removed or provide credit where it is matching. All the content of this site are don't gain any financial benefit from the downloads of any wallpapers/images.

:angry:

Bloody cheek, indeed.

Having had a look around the site, Marcos Peterson (the author) appears to have acquired images from all over the place.  I'm not sure what his connection to the site is, but there is an awful lot of acquired images there.  Some from magazines, other from merchants of one description or another.

Hopefully, they will soon have a rude awakening.

Blatant IP theft regardless of their "Copywrite IP Policy".

Non of mine appear to be there but there were I would be chasing for infringement and compensation.

Allan

If you click "source" you go to the Alamy page. Alamy does supply a way for images to be shown in places like Facebook and I wonder if this person is using that method.

Paulette

As a lot of images on that site have been ripped off Alamy direct,witness Alamy watermark, they should be notified and it is their responsibility to chase the site owner and have the images taken down.

Allan

UNLESS it is another of Alamy's partners. :)

ITMA

If you click "source" you go to the Alamy page. Alamy does supply a way for images to be shown in places like Facebook and I wonder if this person is using that method.

Paulette

Yes, they're hotlinked from Alamy. 

Alamy does have a share button but it doesn't include personal blogs on Wordpress and clicking on the image doesn't bring you to the licensing page.  I doubt this is what Alamy had in mind. 

EDIT: Some link back to Alamy. The first one doesn't.

When the image is watermarked and links back to Alamy, could it be regarded as free advertising which could lead to a sale from elsewhere?

I've found one or two linked and watermarked Alamy images of mine on similar sites where there was no prospect of getting damages, so I decided to leave them unchallenged for that reason.

<FX: Runs for cover!!>

Am I being unwise??

Archived