• Dick Janzig : B4EF5B
    • vpics : EA9X44
    • Olivier Parent : E9NKK8
    • BROKEN PIXEL : EY1N0X
    • wiskerke : GGN9WP
    • John Richmond : G517KN
    • arterra : BGPAH1
    • MDM : BMWJ2M

Thanks to all those who contributed their images for the September 2016 Challenge. All submissions were superb works, making my choice of the finalists just that much more difficult. Here is the poll-page anyways.

Voting closes October 5 midnight, the winner picks the next topic. Good luck & best wishes to all here. The finalists :

1. DickJ : B4EF5B : Desert View. Grand Canyon, AZ

desert-view-grand-canyon-az-080922-31487

2. vpics : EA9X44 : The former Berlin Wall with a mural of Honecker and Breshnev kissing.

breshnev-honecker-graffiti-on-the-former

3. Olivier Parent : E9NKK8 : Paris - La Seine river and the Eiffel tower seen from Alexandre III bridge

paris-pont-alexandre-iii-e9nkk8.jpg

4. Broken Pixel : EY1N0X : View of Moscow Kremlin in winter. All the colors are real. )

panorama-of-the-moscow-river-and-the-kre

5. wiskerke : GGN9WP : And we love to party now and then...

amsterdam-the-netherlands-aug-6th-2016-t

6. John Richmond : G517KN : Towering cliffs of Lower Jurassic Bridport Sand formations at West Bay, Dorset, UK, loom over walkers on a misty June day 

towering-cliffs-of-lower-jurassic-bridpo

7. arterra : BGPAH1 : Tourists and illuminated mediaeval façades of guildhalls at the Graslei at night, Ghent, Belgium

tourists-and-illuminated-mediaeval-faade

8. MDM : BMWJ2M : Ireland 2: Connemara, County Galway - stacks of hand-cut peat (turf in Ireland) drying on a bog, to be used as fuel for heating, with the Twelve Bens mountains in background

stacks-of-cut-peat-drying-on-the-bog-at-

Kumar, India

Thanks, Kumar, for adding one of my pictures to the shortlist  :)

Congratulations to the other finalists. Great work! 

Cheers,

Philippe

My pleasure Philippe. Your pic is one of the better examples of white balance sanity I hv come across, besides of course its terrific pictorial charm. Cheers.

Kumar, India

Thank you very much Kumar for adding one of my pics to the list.

Congratulations everyone, a lot of great pictures again this month.

Olivier

My pleasure Olivier. It was just not possible to overlook this brilliantly shot pic. Terrific viewpoint. Cheers.

Kumar, India

And thanks from me Kumar. I've not entered one of these comps in quite a while as I didn't have suitable shots on Alamy so it's nice to see one shortlisted.

My pleasure MDM. Your pic carried so much of the 'flavour of your land' (that too with the Twelve Bens mountains in background) that I found it hard to overlook it. All the very best. Cheers.

Kumar, India

Thanks for including one of mine. :-)

Thanks for contributing a classic, historical images ... I literally got goosepimples as I first saw it. A very natural choice for the finals ! Best of luck. Cheers,

Kumar, India

Lovely selection of finalists, Kumar. It's certainly a selection best viewed on a BIG monitor.

Ann

Yup, indeed. I use a pretty huge, color-corrected monitor ... and it was simply divine viewing these images therein, Since I haven't had any experience in structuring an Alamy POLL, I just Googled with that intent, and fortunately I could spot a very lucid post - most probably by you, If I'm not mistaken. Thanks & cheers,

Kumar, India

Thanks for including one of mine. :-)

Oh, what a lovely shot ... the contrasting relative SCALE of the main visual elements. Fantastic. Best wishes & cheers.

Kumar. India

Kumar,

Thank you for including one of mine as well!

wim

It was a very representative image for the contest theme. I wasn't just compelled to include it here, but even voted for it (I confess :rolleyes:) right when the voting page was launched aroud 5 AM today. Wishing you all the best. Cheers.

Kumar, India

Thank you for including one of mine!  How do you ever reduce the number of choices?

It is indeed pretty difficult. Decreasing choices at individual level can be fairly subjective, and the POLL ! Cheers.

Kumar, India

Fantastic Kumar. I'm really pleased. There are so many brilliant photographers entering these competitions and some really great pictures entered that it's a real honour to win. Thanks to all who voted for my pic. I'll be back tomorrow with a theme for the October competition.

Archived