• CMN54W - Lynne - Shadow of cyclist
    • B7YXC6 - Wiskerke - Kinderdijk near Rotterdam
    • BNFJ2H - Graham Morley - Eddy Merckx at Herne Hill
    • F26HTR - fotoDogue - Nigel Sylvester and Futura 2000
    • C4AKJY - Colin Woods - Well loaded in India
    • BR96CM - Allan Bell - Blurred cyclists
    • F57WCH - sprocket - Backlit cyclist in parkland
    • CT2F5T - Kumar - Bicycle and rods on the beach

Thanks everyone who participated, a lot of great images making the choice difficult, congrats to the finalists!

Voting closes August 5th midnight London time, the lucky winner picks the next topic, good luck all. Here are the finalists:

Lynne - CMN54W

shadow-of-a-cyclist-on-one-of-the-defenc

Wiskerke - B7YXC6

ice-skaters-and-even-cyclists-on-natural

Graham Morley - BNFJ2H

track-cycling-herne-hill-track-london-uk

fotoDogue - F26HTR

new-york-ny-12-september-2015-pro-bmxer-

Colin Woods - C4AKJY

a-man-on-a-heavily-laden-bicycle-in-bomb

Allan Bell - BR96CM

city-cycling-cambridge-city-england-br96

Kumar - CT2F5T

a-local-fishermans-bicycle-on-the-beach-

Sprocket - F57WCH

cycling-to-work-across-southampton-commo

Many thanks for including one of mine.  The selected pic of mine is actually of Reg Barnett at Herne Hill.  Eddy Merckx was in the third pic.  Sorry about the lack of clarity.

He certainly looks a lot like the young Merckx. When you first showed the image, I had to look up Merckx in his younger years. The jersey and the bike were the first clues it wasn't Merckx, but his brows and nose and, dare I say, his bit glum look, were just like his.

wim

Thank you Malcolm I'm surprised that mine has made it to the final cut, out of such super entries, and of course, pleased!

Thanks again

Lynne

It's a brilliant picture!

To think we just stayed about 3.5 miles from there the last week of June. We even had our bikes with us as well.

wim

Thank you Malcolm I'm surprised that mine has made it to the final cut, out of such super entries, and of course, pleased!

Thanks again

Lynne

It's a brilliant picture!

To think we just stayed about 3.5 miles from there the last week of June. We even had our bikes with us as well.

wim

Thank you Wim, I love your image as soon as I saw it. It reminded me straight away of an L S Lowry painting - matchstick men and women all individually going about their business and captured in a moment in time. I think the sloping bodies of the skaters reminded me of the painted figurers battling against the wind!

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Scotland and got some decent weather??? 

Lynne

Hi Everyone, 

Delighted and surprised to win due to the high calibre great images which were posted, never mind in the final 8. Thanks for those who voted and as Malcolm said, to Wim for making it a very close contest.

I have just arrived in Rio a couple of hours ago and have been travelling since 8am Friday morning so will try organising the competition tomorrow once I've caught up with some sleep and a chance to unpack!!

Thanks again.

Lynne

Archived