Alamy just licensed a photo of ME.....

Chuck Nacke

OK,  This is fun, I had my 14 year-old daughter take a photo of me painting my then house in

San Jose, CA, USA and Alamy licensed it.  Happiest license I've seen in my over ten years on

Alamy........

Ace!

A similar situation to me... https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/nov/05/mental-health-services-young-people-nikki-mattocks(I used the 'self-timer').

#Selfie!

Someone told me some time ago that there was a pic of me on Alamy. I checked it out and it was one of me taken at a photography conference I was speaking at. Unfortunately the photographer had spelt my name wrong in the caption so the droves of picture editors looking for pics of me ( :D), would miss it!

I had a photo of my tongue licensed once. I can guess where it was used because the sale came through at the same time as another that I know was used by a certain newspaper, but I've never been able to find it. I'd love to know what reason they could possibly have for publishing an image of my tongue! Just shows that it's worth putting that sort of nonsense on Alamy when you have nothing else to do.  :)

Congrats to you and of course your Daughter!  :)

Geoff.

I don't understand the part of "when you have nothing else to do". Since I started on stock I don't have much in the way of free time. There is always key wording to do and improve on.

I've done well out of Brexit.

Glad to hear that somebody has... :unsure:

It is likely to be a temporary phenomenon, all, and I mean all, things considered.

You can't walk down the street without seeing something that will be affected.

Just wait until you need some new camera gear. The way sterling is going, that is not going to be a happy experience unless you are selling an awful lot of images here. Or maybe don't wait - buy now.

• 1 month later...

Despite my looks ;-) I've submitted a few self portraits. A couple even sold. Hey I'm always here. My daughter is also a frequent subject, in part because I can sign her model release. 

Below are a few photos recently uploaded:

eye-and-peep-hole-GCC2YH.jpg

(My adorable daughter Ella)

eye-and-peep-hole-GCC242.jpg(creepy photo of me- this was setup with the idea for a book cover that includes room to wrap around for the jacket, so the back would be the left side and could contain type etc.)

OK,  This is fun, I had my 14 year-old daughter take a photo of me painting my then house in

San Jose, CA, USA and Alamy licensed it.  Happiest license I've seen in my over ten years on

Alamy........

Ace!

A similar situation to me... https://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/nov/05/mental-health-services-young-people-nikki-mattocks(I used the 'self-timer').

#Selfie!

Which also reminded me of another friend on Alamy - we shot one-another next to the suicide hotline phone on the Golden Gate Bridge. I think he sold this too:

a-despondent-or-depressed-man-on-the-gol

• 4 weeks later...

Alamy........

I think we'd all like to know who got the credit line - and the fee.....

Alamy........

Ace!

#Selfie!

Which also reminded me of another friend on Alamy - we shot one-another next to the suicide hotline phone on the Golden Gate Bridge. I think he sold this too:

a-despondent-or-depressed-man-on-the-gol

So Michael, is this your photographer's crisis moment when you saw the licensing fee you received?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived