What's the longest time you've waited for funds to clear?

A book publisher licensed three of my images four months ago. Alamy is still awaiting payment, and therefore so am I.

If they're an otherwise good client who is known to pay slowly but eventually, perhaps they're allowed to slide a bit.

But it makes me wonder, what's the longest time you've waited?

I don't remember the longest time as usually it's paid in max 3 months, but now I have some sales reported but not paid since Oct. '15. Till today there are 6 reported sales to be paid...

Edit.

If I read the reports stats correctly, few times it happened to wait even 2 years ('11 - '13) to get money for used image ;) As they say, better late than never :P

I had one, for a very modest amount, which cleared  last month after a four month wait. A few days later, it promptly uncleared. Presumably the cheque bounced. I suspect I may not see the fruits of that sale for a long time, if ever. :(

In France, having to wait 6 to 9 months is standard. 

For calendars, you can expect to wait for a year or more. 

For sales done in Brazil ........ you can wait forever  -_-

Cheers,

Philippe

If the reports on French editorial agencies are correct...may well be a lot longer.. see Jim Pickerell.

Have waited four years not to be paid...agency going bust. A year is not all that rare for overseas publications, nothings really changed for some publishers since the film days.......just checked elsewhere and sales notified in May 2015 from China/Korea still to be paid....they do get paid...slow boat and all that....

A book publisher licensed three of my images four months ago. Alamy is still awaiting payment, and therefore so am I.

If they're an otherwise good client who is known to pay slowly but eventually, perhaps they're allowed to slide a bit.

But it makes me wonder, what's the longest time you've waited?

I believe book sales can be a bit longer paying.

Allan

Somebody gave me a red for my comment.  I can guess who!!!!

Pearl

The boys from Brazil!

wim

A little closer to home I think Wim.  It wasn't one of the Brazil refunds anyway although I had a few of those too.

Pearl

I've waited over a year - and once waited several months for an NU sale to clear - eventually I was less than 50 cents from a payout (back in the $250 days) and when that little one cleared - it was 49 cents - I made payout. I'm waiting on one reported in November now, and I first found it online in October, so you're in good company. 

This thread has made me have a look at my uncleared sales and i've got one from April 2015 for $12.50 net and 5 from October 2015 all for $2.96 net each.

I'll have to contact member services.

John

This thread has made me have a look at my uncleared sales and i've got one from April 2015 for $12.50 net and 5 from October 2015 all for $2.96 net each.

I'll have to contact member services.

John

The 5 are the Daily Mail. I have a couple and knowing how poor a payer they are I was going to sit it out, but thanks if you give them a nudge, because they'll probably pay them all.

Mine have just cleared, so I guess I jumped the gun by a couple of days. Still, this thread has made me realize that waiting time for payment can be much longer than it tends to be with direct client dealings.

Archived