Alamy Sales -Strange Behaviour. . .

This month, I had a sale on November 5th, and then no more until yesterday 24th, when a sale came through, a good sale highest price I hav had since September 2011.

At 10 p.m it was there, but at 11 p.m. it had vanished.  Not refunded, it just vanished off the Sales list.

Thankfully, this morning, it had reappeared.

At about 9 a.m this morning two more sales appeared, the usual low value end-of-month Editorial websites.

I have been out all day and just arrived home at 3.30 pm.

Checked sales again, those from 5th and 24th of November are still there, but the two that arrived this morning have now vanished.

Has anyone else had this Happen?

Peter

This month, I had a sale on November 5th, and then no more until yesterday 24th, when a sale came through, a good sale highest price I hav had since September 2011.

At 10 p.m it was there, but at 11 p.m. it had vanished.  Not refunded, it just vanished off the Sales list.

Thankfully, this morning, it had reappeared.

At about 9 a.m this morning two more sales appeared, the usual low value end-of-month Editorial websites.

I have been out all day and just arrived home at 3.30 pm.

Checked sales again, those from 5th and 24th of November are still there, but the two that arrived this morning have now vanished.

Has anyone else had this Happen?

Peter

There was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago. But then the reports settled down. I don't get enough sales to know if it has been happening all that time.

Same for me, I just had three sales appear and disappear.

Ed: if you get lots of sales to the British press, you'll see bunches of reports at the end of the month. It doesn't matter where you are. And I've also noticed bunches of foreign sales reported the same way.

Same for me, I just had three sales appear and disappear.

Ed: if you get lots of sales to the British press, you'll see bunches of reports at the end of the month. It doesn't matter where you are. And I've also noticed bunches of foreign sales reported the same way.

I see, Brian. Thanks.

Lately I've noticed that they show up in "View your sales history" before they show up in "View your account balance", but I don't care, as long as they show up.

In the evening over on this side of the pond, we get to see some of the timing of Alamy's overnight processing.

Hi Bill,

To be more specific, we are talking about sales that showed up today in Summary of items sold, but then later disappeared. I've never had that happen before. It was weird. But as you say, "as long as they show up" eventually.

Thanks everybody for your comments.

My situation now is that the two sales which appeared this morning and then disappeared, have now reappeared.

This may be something like the problem we had a month or so ago, when apparently successful uploads did not appear for days.  Eventually it got fixed.

When I e-mailed MS about that problem they said I should have sent a screen grab so they could see what I meant.

I have taken a screen grab as things are now with five sales showing.

If  there are less than that tomorrow morning I will send them before and after screen grabs, although as it is happening  to so many contributors I am sure Alamy must know about it and must be working to fix the problem. . .

Lately I've noticed that they show up in "View your sales history" before they show up in "View your account balance", but I don't care, as long as they show up.

I have one of those. I e-mailed MS about it today.

And, of course, let's not forget the look-ahead trick on the Net Revenue page under "Build a downloadable sales report."  They always show up there first.

or do they.....

And, of course, let's not forget the look-ahead trick on the Net Revenue page under "Build a downloadable sales report."  They always show up there first.

or do they.....

Looked ahead and behind and not showing up. World peace now in jeopardy. Whoops, I forgot, there is no world peace.

or do they.....

Bill, in the interests of restoring the natural order of things, I thought that I would give you a brief update. Member services was good enough to get back to me with a very detailed reply complete with screen grabs of their records. It looks as if the rogue sale is showing up in "net revenue" / "date of invoice" on their end, but not on mine, which leads me to believe that there is a glitch in the system that Alamy is not aware of. Either that or I'm losing it. To be continued...

Archived