My first known infringement

Discovered my favourite flyboarder image on this blog:

http://www.wowamazing.com/talent/water-sports/aquatic-sports-will-have-your-heart-pumping/

Judging by the crap quality of the image, I think it was copied from another site.

So what is the official thing for me to do to let Alamy know.

Jill

Save the URL and a screendump of the use from the site.

If you do not have the form Alamy now wants us to use - write to Member Services with all details of the use with the attachment of the screendump image. They will then let you know if they want the filled-in form and attach it to the reply.

They may require your image to be sold from Alamy only to take action, but I don't quite know. If so, you will be on your own to claim your rights, I guess, but you can get good ideas for the wording of your e-mail from the forum.

These are the the fields in their form to fill in:

Alamy image reference
Is the usage online or in print? Please provide details (link if online)
Please provide contact details of the website / usage link (without this we won’t be pursuing further)
Company name
Have you provided a screenshot (for web) or scan/picture of tear sheet (for print) in the space provided below*?
Date of publication
Is this image exclusive to Alamy?
Has this image sold elsewhere before?

Thanks Niels.

What do you do when there is no contact info? I have looked them up on WHOIS and everything is private. Address and phone number listed are those of their host server and the email is a rented email address from the host server.

I am stumped.

Jill

Thanks Niels.

What do you do when there is no contact info? I have looked them up on WHOIS and everything is private. Address and phone number listed are those of their host server and the email is a rented email address from the host server.

I am stumped.

Jill

Jill, they appear to have a Facebook page of sorts. Perhaps you can start by "messaging" them through it. Infringements committed by tacky websites like "WowAmazing" are almost impossible to chase successfully in my (rather limited) experience.

Join Imagerights - https://www.imagerights.com/ - and let them investigate. It will save you a lot of time.

Alex

Then, once you find an infringement and let them know that the file is lodged with Alamy, they will tell you that you have to let Alamy (PicScout) decide if they want to pursue the infringement first.

I'm currently in this position.  I'd love to let ImageRights pursue the case, but Alamy (PicScout) have been dragging their feet for months now and I can't go any further. :angry: :angry: :angry:  Just what they are doing, I don't know...

The writing on "WowAmazing" is anything but amazing: "While some people find it interesting to climb up the highest mountains to see the top of the world...." This sounds like the intro to a bad high school essay (I've marked a lot of them). The people who run this website may be too young to know what an infringement is.

The writing on "WowAmazing" is anything but amazing: "While some people find it interesting to climb up the highest mountains to see the top of the world...." This sounds like the intro to a bad high school essay (I've marked a lot of them). The people who run this website may be too young to know what an infringement is.

- and perhaps even too far from the high school essay.

I've just reported an infringement from a website where the my picture is included in an article which has been lifted entirely from the Telegraph, with only key words in the article being exchanged, total plagarism.

I've just reported an infringement from a website where the my picture is included in an article which has been lifted entirely from the Telegraph, with only key words in the article being exchanged, total plagarism.

I see that nearly each time I have had one of those low priced sales to especially two British newspapers. At times I have nearly given up, but will still report if the blog seems reasonable western and contactable.

I have sent an infringement notice in to member services. I leave it in their hands.

Jill

Don't hold your breath! I reported an infringement back in July. A magazine's website has been using our image for almost 2 years, the image is still there and no sign of Alamy getting payment.........

My husband reported one of his photos stolen by the City of Asheville in North Carolina official blog (city government) ... but Alamy didn't bother to pursue it .. The photo was stolen from a travel agency that had bought the picture and made a slight change to it .. so it was apparent where it came from.

I'll tell my husband about ImageRights.

Although Alamy said that they were starting to go after stolen photos that were stolen from Alamy customer websites  .. I think that was just BS .. A private blogger may be difficult to collect from .. but a city government ...

My husband reported one of his photos stolen by the City of Asheville in North Carolina official blog (city government) ... but Alamy didn't bother to pursue it .. The photo was stolen from a travel agency that had bought the picture and made a slight change to it .. so it was apparent where it came from.

I'll tell my husband about ImageRights.

Although Alamy said that they were starting to go after stolen photos that were stolen from Alamy customer websites  .. I think that was just BS .. A private blogger may be difficult to collect from .. but a city government ...

My (not an attorney) understanding that in the US, Federal Government can not sue States. Therefore you can not go after state agencies for copyright infringement (federal law). Something like that. Could there be a similar situation with City infringement and copyright (federal) law? ImageRights would know, me thinks.

GI

Archived