Name identical with other contributor

Hello, slight problem here. Whenever I search for my name Catherine Lucas the search comes up with another Catherine Lucas who has 20 images online. I have over 2900 images online. People who want to search on my name do not find me.

What is the best solution to change my search parameters for my name and would I have to change all 2700 images separately? Is it possibile to use the word photocatseyes as search for my images instead of my personal name? 

Any suggestions? I would be grateful for any insight. Thanks in advance

Thanks Spacecadet. Is there a way to avoid hers coming up in my search? Is it possible to pick another search name or a double search name i.e Catherine Lucas Photocatseyes    ????

That works... But then it is kind of annoying that people have to click the advanced search to find me... I want the one click way! ;o)))

Hello, slight problem here. Whenever I search for my name Catherine Lucas the search comes up with another Catherine Lucas who has 20 images online. I have over 2900 images online. People who want to search on my name do not find me.

What is the best solution to change my search parameters for my name and would I have to change all 2700 images separately? Is it possibile to use the word photocatseyes as search for my images instead of my personal name? 

Any suggestions? I would be grateful for any insight. Thanks in advance

If you put photocatseyes in your keywords then, assuming nobody else has used that word, that will work both for searches within Alamy, and from Google etc. But obviously you'll need to ensure that any folks who want to find your images are aware that your "business name" is  photocatseyes and  you'll need to edit the keywords for all your images. (Note, if you ask Alamy member services nicely they maybe able to do this for you, especially if you explain you're trying to overcome a problem with two contributors having the same name).

You could also set up a pseudo called photocatseyes and transfer all your images into it, then if folks can use the advanced search and put "photocatseyes" in the contributor name they will find only your pictures. This is a bit more complex for them, but avoids having to add photocatseyes to all your keywords. NB. If you switch your images to a new pseudo it can alter your Alamy ranking and, if you swap all your images it can affect some of the historical sales and views reports on Alamy.

Another good way to direct folks to only your pictures within Alamy is to use links to your Alamy homepage - info on how to do this is here http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography-link-to-alamy.asp

I had a similar problem as unfortunately my real name clashes with the guy that shot John Lennon, so I established a unique pseudo, swapped all my images into it and now I use that pseudo name everywhere instead.

Mark

I might be missing something but I don't think there is another photographer called Catherine Lucas.  All that's happening is you are finding the 20 photographs with the separate words 'Catherine' and 'Lucas' in their keywords eg: 'The Martyrdom of Saint Catherine. Artist: Cranach, Lucas, the Elder' or 'Catherine Ashton and Greek Prime Minister Lucas Papademos'.  As Mark says your photos should be shown OK if you use Contributor Name in  Advanced Search.

Steve

You are right SShep, I had never seen that before. But ok, the problem is that if they do search for Catherine Lucas they do find those 20 and none of my 2900... Unless you do go to the advanced search field. Which is very annoying... Would that for instance mean that if you search for sheep you get all your pics because sheep has sshep partially? Just kidding, sort of... I am not too strong with the do's and dont's of search engines, so with my simple brain I would think that if I type in the photographers name I also get the photographers work, and not all the other irrelevant search subjects. I will in the future always put my name and username in the tags to be sure... 

Thank you for your valuable and smart noticing of what was really happening. ;o)))

You people think you have problems? If you Google Ed Rooney you get page after page of the character in Ferris Bueller's Day Off. This was never any fun, but now that the actor has been arrested for untoward behavior, it's even less fun. And after him we have Mickey Rooney, Andy Rooney, and Wayne Rooney.

That's why I encourage people to call me Edo. That way I just get mixed up with the local Japanese restaurant. 

Edo  :wacko:

the problem is that if they do search for Catherine Lucas they do find those 20 and none of my 2900... Unless you do go to the advanced search field. Which is very annoying...

As several others have pointed out, it was a hell of a lot more annoying when contributors' names popped up in thousands of searches that had nothing to do with them. I changed my pseudo very quickly to AlanWrigley because I kept cropping up in searches related to chewing gum and baseball. I think you would find that far more annoying.

The main point of Alamy is to find images rather than photographers, so I wouldn't worry about it. If you concentrate on taking good pics and keywording them sensibly you can maintain a decent CTR and your photos will be seen. At least if people really do want to search by contributor there is a way to do so.

Alan

I add my name to the keywords because I have multiple pseudonyms and it gives me a way to search all of my images.  Only rarely does it cause a customer mis-search.

Archived