Alamy QC and fails

I thought I read it somewhere that the givers of green or red arrows could be found but I do not know how.

I sometimes give greens for a post which was exceptionally helpful but NEVER reds.

Allan

They will all be failed together. You stop uploading when you suspect a fail. MS will confirm it.

You are correct. All 8 uploads failed with only 1 file commented of all. LOL.

I guess lesson learned is to upload only 1 and wait for results. Can't remember it being this way before.  :huh:

Mike, forgive me, but that's not much of a plan. If you go down that path you might have your first 1,000 images by the end of this new millennium. 

Can't remember if you're still inside but if so help yourself to the hooch. It's in the bunk frame as you  may remember.

Out on parole.

Allan

They will all be failed together. You stop uploading when you suspect a fail. MS will confirm it.

You are correct. All 8 uploads failed with only 1 file commented of all. LOL.

I guess lesson learned is to upload only 1 and wait for results. Can't remember it being this way before.  :huh:

Mike, forgive me, but that's not much of a plan. If you go down that path you might have your first 1,000 images by the end of this new millennium. 

If Mike is referring to submitting 1 batch at a time, I think that's a reasonable thing to do, especially if there has been a recent QC fail.

Yes, I think he meant one batch at a time.

For all my blathering in my thread about QC, seems like I'm in the hoosegow, again. I've been submitting a lot of images taken before I got the Fuji, and was worried about this.

After evaluating mirrorless, it's hard. The two systems are just different. While non-mirrorless look softer than mirrorless ( and are) I try to figure it out by seeing if the image will sharpen nicely, although I don't apply it.

Horsefeathers!

I reckon the human side of QC is there to remind us of he human side to letting things slip. I have been known in the past to cut a few corners in checking an image.

"My last batches have been fine so I'm in the clear" 

Now I just make sure. Apply the same editing to each image via presets and all has been well so far. 

Whilst we're o the topic - have you seen the recent Alamy blog on the 10 most common reasons for QC failures?

See http://www.alamy.com/blog/2015/05/the-10-most-common-qc-failure-reasons

I'm assuming they're in reverse order, i.e. SoLD is the most common reason with CA next, followed by Dust/Noise/Blemishes.

Thanks for the link. For me, I would say the main culprits have been dust, noise (from opening shadows too much), and SoLD in descending order.  Never had a failure for CA that I can remember. No failures for quite a long time now, touch wood.

Nothing technical here,  just a question, is QC working today bank holiday 25 May or better still has anybody passed QC today?

Thanks,

Paul.

It is a bank holiday in the uk, so i assume they won't be

Nothing technical here,  just a question, is QC working today bank holiday 25 May or better still has anybody passed QC today?

Thanks,

Paul.

It is a bank holiday in the uk, so i assume they won't be

Thanks for the info. I was banking on that as well.

Archived