Our very own Julie Edwards

Sultanpepa

Well - that was a bit of a shock - logging in and seeing a thread with my name on..

Thank you - its a slog...

In case you did not see it, here is a slideshow of my favourite monochromes from the night...

http://www.julieedwardsphotography.co.uk/blog/2015/2/baftas-2015-a-slideshow 

Well - that was a bit of a shock - logging in and seeing a thread with my name on..

Thank you - its a slog...

In case you did not see it, here is a slideshow of my favourite monochromes from the night...

http://www.julieedwardsphotography.co.uk/blog/2015/2/baftas-2015-a-slideshow 

I'm not into film, TV, or theatre, so don't know any of these people, but I did like the excellent shot of the old guy with the beard!

Ha, I assume you meant the Ralph Fiennes pic, I love that one also :)

I think he means picture #5 (I shall save myself the embarrassment of misidentifying him)... you may think of Ralph Feinnes as the "old guy" but, with all due respect to Bryan, I'm not certain that he would.

Ha, I assume you meant the Ralph Fiennes pic, I love that one also :)

I think he means picture #5 (I shall save myself the embarrassment of misidentifying him)... you may think of Ralph Feinnes as the "old guy" but, with all due respect to Bryan, I'm not certain that he would.

:) That's the one!

+1 to all that - excellent coverage, Julie.

I would be terrified of misidentifying someone (though I did get Mike Leigh)!

47GB - crikey!  Clearly not taking any chances, then (no going back when there's better light, eh?) ;):)

I concur with Julie about the amount of work that goes into red carpet events. I do as much preparation as I can before the event so sending in can be faster.

It's all about speed to get the main characters in so you have to figure out which ones the papers will want to use first. If you look at images of these events with photographers in the background you will notice lots of them have their laptops open sending in as soon as they can while the person is still posing for other togs.

Then its a case of figuring out who all the people you don't know are to send them in as soon as you can after the event. Most photographers will help out with names if they can as even the PR people don't know them sometimes.

I recently did the BBC Sports Personality event in Glasgow and fried one of my SB800s. First you notice that every second image is dark and then you smell the burning!! I did get a pat at Lewis Hamilton's bulldog though :)

Good job as always Julie.

Thank you people..

Yes sorry - forgot about the Mike Leigh one...

Alex is right , its all about preparation, in this case knowing the nominees and likely winners beforehand, setting up Photomechanic Templates and fields with all the nominees listed, keywords etc all pre-set...

I guess its also about practice, the number of these I do, with a pre-set routine (which I am finally happy with), understanding the amount of time you will have, the speed required etc... and then staying calm and just shooting....

Not trying to embarrass you Julie. Arthur Edwards worked/works as photographer on the Sun newspaper and sometimes tours abroad with the royals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_Edwards_(photographer)

Allan

Archived