Images not appearing in searches in last 2 days

I too have had an acknowledgement from MS that they are aware of the problem and are trying to sort it, but it is still very definitely not working properly this morning.

I still have 12 images which "went live" on thursday and friday last week and still cant be seen.- I wont be keywording any more images till its sorted! 

Kumar Sriskandan

Guest Felix Oscar

Have reported it a number of times since Thursday last week. Anything starting with D8 not showing up - just blank thumbnails. Newly keyworded images not showing properly.

Alamy MS keep saying the same - technical team looking into it.

I was just having a general look at some contributor's images by clicking on their link and quite a few have the dreaded white square with little red cross. Not sure if they were all recent uploads though.

All my recent ones over the last week beginning D8 appear to me ok.

I have just keyworded a small batch of images, all fields complete (no red marker on tabs) but they have not changed to "Ready" as I would expect. I did create a new pseudonym for them and I was able to select it.

Any one else having such problems or is it that they have simply switched bits of the system off while they sort out other issues? Any thoughts, BTW I have been with Alamy almost since the start so it is not a newbie quiestion!

I have just run another check and Manage Images does not recognise that there are any images (of any status) for the new pseudonym. I switched them to an old pseudonym and they were "ready" and then switched them back to the new pseudonym and they stay "ready" - mmm. Now we wait and see if the thumbnails are visible when they go on sale.

Kumar + Kathy + Felix

I have no problem seeing all your images (in particular the D8 batch) on my iMac (OS 10.7.5) using Safari.

Dave

Hi Dave:

Thank you for checking.  

Can you see the first four images here:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/212DB392-26C1-456E-840B-875BD56921EC/1/Kathy%20deWitt.html

I can't!  The round disc just keeps turning and just the tiny icons show.

Kathy

Three of the four images that I now have missing were at some time visible online. I know this because  they are stored in the cache on my desktop. They are, however, not visible when I view from my laptop. It's not that they never were online. The point being that just because you can see them doesn't mean they are there.

BTW Kathy's pics are missing on both my systems (both ie on windows)

I thought it was resolved yesterday morning but when I checked back later in the day the white squares with blue question marks were back. One difference this morning is that now when I click on a blue question mark it does give me a zoom, then when I go back to the search, I can mouse over and get a preview of the image.

Images keyworded since then appear fine so maybe it was simply a bad indexing run? I think Kathy DeWitt's suggestion of reuploading the images, then deleting the old, may be the best way around this.

Kumar + Kathy + Felix

I have no problem seeing all your images (in particular the D8 batch) on my iMac (OS 10.7.5) using Safari.

Dave

Hi Dave:

Thank you for checking.  

Can you see the first four images here:

http://www.alamy.com/stock-photography/212DB392-26C1-456E-840B-875BD56921EC/1/Kathy%20deWitt.html

I can't!  The round disc just keeps turning and just the tiny icons show.

Kathy

I get the red cross for the last 4 on ie8 but I can zoom them ok.

Strange, Kathy

Using the URL you have posted, the first four images do not show up. Clicking on the number of images under your name shows them just fine.

Putting your name in the Alamy search engine on the home page (under new) brings the four images up as well.

Dave

Kumar + Kathy + Felix

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks very much for looking - you are I think the first person apart from MS who has managed to see them all properly. I still can only see them on mouse-over and zoom. It may well be that Kathy's suggestion is the best one, especially as the problem does not seem to be happening this week.

I will now keyword four images and see if they are OK tomorrow!

Edit - I have keyworded 3 images from the D8F batch, and one from the D8D batch - interesting to see if the 3 from the D8F batch are the ones with problems tomorrow!!

Kumar Sriskandan 

Guest Felix Oscar

Hi Kathy,

I cannot see the 1st 4 images on that link - just blank thumbnails.

Kumar,

Try clicking on the number of your images under your name in this forum. I see all your D8D and your D8F images using that link.

Dave

Dave, using your suggestions for viewing the 'missing' images in either Kathy or Kumar's portfolios, I still cannot see the thumbs! (Win7, FF 21.0)

I also cannot see the first 4 images in Kathy's link.  The rest show up fine.

I'm having the same problem with my images. I wasn't sure what the norm was since I'm new here.  

And the image number to the left here is incorrect too.

I am using Safari ver. 6.0.4 and I can also see the missing thumbnails in FireFox ver. 21 when I put the photographer's name or the D8 numbers in the Alamy home page search engine.

Using Kathy's link, the thumbnails are still missing, but after waiting five minutes, blue framed question marks slowly appear one by one. Zooms pop up when each question mark is clicked. Kathy, if the iMac spinning wheel of death is showing, it could mean that you use a good bump in RAM memory. After going to 4 gigs, most of my image processing and image loading problems disappeared. Now if my better half would allow me to use her new machine with its high speed-processor and 8 gigs of RAM...

In the meanwhile, I have just adopted a Zen-like state when dealing with Alamy over the years. Like, why do I receive notice of sales and QC results at around 6:30 pm Pacific time (2:30 am GMT) when Alamy offices are supposedly closed? Other Alamy photographers whom I know in and around the Vancouver area seem to find out about things when Alamy is open... The missing thumbnails may just be another "mystery of the Alamy"  :)  Ommmmmm...

Dave

Archived