Images not appearing in searches in last 2 days

Thanks Dave but I have 4 GB ram.  I don't think it is my computer.  It is an Alamy glitch.  

I have now uploaded these images uploaded on (28 May/ passed on 30 May) again.

Thanks Everyone!

Kathy

Kathy de Witt/Alamy:  http://tinyurl.com/btjds2o  

Agreed. I have 8gb RAM and can't see the images. This is definitely an Alamy bug which I am sure they will sort out

Kumar Sriskandan

I can't imagine it could possibly be a ram issue since we all seem to be experiencing similar issues with images with the same code that went into the system sometime between 28 and 30 May . Much more likely is the possibility that the images either became corrupted somewhere between Manage Images and getting indexed into the main search, or somehow didn't get a thumbnail when the system processed this batch.

By comparison, I uploaded a few to Live News on Monday which begin with a D8E. I haven't had any problem with these whether I use a 2.4 ghz iMac 4 GB Ram or my iPad. Previously I was using a computer with half the ram and didn't experience missing thumbnails.

And the image number to the left here is incorrect too.

To cure that: log out then log in again.

Thanks.  I have tried that, and it keeps showing 0 images, although my first 4 were approved and are for sale.  

Alamy still hasn't completely fixed the number of images glitch, Maria. However, when you click on the 0, your four images do appear.

May I welcome a fellow Vancouverite to Alamy and the Forum.

Dave

Kumar + Kathy + Felix

I have no problem seeing all your images (in particular the D8 batch) on my iMac (OS 10.7.5) using Safari.

Dave

Hi Dave

Thanks very much for looking - you are I think the first person apart from MS who has managed to see them all properly. I still can only see them on mouse-over and zoom. It may well be that Kathy's suggestion is the best one, especially as the problem does not seem to be happening this week.

I will now keyword four images and see if they are OK tomorrow!

Edit - I have keyworded 3 images from the D8F batch, and one from the D8D batch - interesting to see if the 3 from the D8F batch are the ones with problems tomorrow!!

Kumar Sriskandan 

Case proven - of the 4 images I keyworded yesterday the 3 from the D8F batch cant be seen today, but the one from a different batch can be seen with no problem

Presumably the D8F batch got corrupted somewhere between Manage Images 2.4, and going on sale. I will ask MS to delete the 15 images from this batch I have on sale, and I will also delete the remainder I have waiting in Manage Images and I will re-upload them. (Note I have no images from the D8F batch that CAN be seen on sale, and I have no images from any other batch that cant be seen)

Kumar Sriskandan

Alamy still hasn't completely fixed the number of images glitch, Maria. However, when you click on the 0, your four images do appear.

Dave

Dave:

I think this ability to view the images is only possible on the West Coast of Canada!  

Definitely not in Wales.

Kathy 

Kathy de Witt/Alamy:  http://tinyurl.com/btjds2o 

Hi All,

Nothing has happened with my 'blanks' as yet. I was tempted to delete my d8f's and resubmit but decided against it as the issue is being worked on. I wouldn't want to upset any work leading to a solution!

At least the light has been good outside this week and I am making the most of it - should have a shedful to go when normal service resumes!

Jim Laws.

Kumar,

I can see all your D8F shots (the ones from Norfolk? D8F81F to D8F82H); no blanks. I searched using your name and with terms "Norfolk boats"

Why not wait a day or two for Alamy to resolve the problem.

Perhaps Kathy is right...we can only see the images from D8F on the west coast of Canada. Voodoo!

Dave

Dave

Thanks Dave.  Seems like there are a few West Coasters here on these forums.

Some of my missing thumbnails are starting to appear, good.

Archived