Rejected submission - how to be sure without waiting 28 days?

Hi all, I've been a member since Feb 2014 and have approx 300 images accepted so far, with no QC failures. My last batch has been hanging and 'awaiting QC' for almost a week now, which is far longer than normal (I have about 15 successful submissions so far and the last few only took 24 hours each approx). Does this mean it has been rejected? If so, can I add any new ones for future QC or will they automatically be rejected too? I just need to understand how it works and whether I have to wait up to 28 days until they officially tell me about the rejection - before uploading my next batch? Thank you!

Hi all, I've been a member since Feb 2014 and have approx 300 images accepted so far, with no QC failures. My last batch has been hanging and 'awaiting QC' for almost a week now, which is far longer than normal (I have about 15 successful submissions so far and the last few only took 24 hours each approx). Does this mean it has been rejected? If so, can I add any new ones for future QC or will they automatically be rejected too? I just need to understand how it works and whether I have to wait up to 28 days until they officially tell me about the rejection - before uploading my next batch? Thank you!

1. Not necessarily, no.
  2. Yes: if your first batch has been rejected, then all the others will be, too.

If you are concerned, then my personal advice is to wait ~ another week, say.  If you have a fail, then address the issue, if they pass, then you'll know that you just got caught in a backlog, and will have a better idea of waiting times in the future.

I had the same problem - submission waiting nearly a week. I asked Member Services yesterday about the policy (I have had no fails in well over three years, so didn't expect to go straight into the 28 day queue), and within a few minutes had an email to say they had passed and a reply from MS. It seems that some submissions are getting stuck in the pipeline somewhere. 

Hope that helps! 

I wonder whether length of time you have to wait before you get a pass is correlated with number of images in the batch. I submitted a batch of 4 last night and received notification they had passed this morning.

I wonder whether length of time you have to wait before you get a pass is correlated with number of images in the batch. I submitted a batch of 4 last night and received notification they had passed this morning.

My batch that took over a week only had 6 images.

Jill

I'll be out of jail July 2.  I'm curious to see what failed considering I poured over those images with a fine-toothed comb.  That's what's disheartening.  It's not like I just develop and upload and hope, I'm very careful.  But I'm human, so I could have missed some tiny little thing.  Obviously.  Or my judgment isn't QC's judgment.  It seems the bar keeps getting higher and higher.

If I deleted the first 100 images I uploaded after joining, then tried to upload them again, they'd fail miserably.  Maybe.  In fact, I did begin deleting a lot of those early images...then a couple sold while awaiting the 3 months.  I quit that business, lol.

Betty

If I deleted the first 100 images I uploaded after joining, then tried to upload them again, they'd fail miserably.  Maybe.  In fact, I did begin deleting a lot of those early images...then a couple sold while awaiting the 3 months.  I quit that business, lol.

Betty

I have just that challenge - some film scans were deleted by Alamy (never really did understand the reasoning). A couple of them have sold more than once and I would like to resubmit them but I doubt they would pass QC (film grain/noise). I suppose as they are from the 1980/90s I could use the reportage/archival route and accept its limitations.

I'll be out of jail July 2.  I'm curious to see what failed considering I poured over those images with a fine-toothed comb.  That's what's disheartening.  It's not like I just develop and upload and hope, I'm very careful.  But I'm human, so I could have missed some tiny little thing.  Obviously.  Or my judgment isn't QC's judgment.  It seems the bar keeps getting higher and higher.

Betty

Congratulations on your imminent release, Betty. It usually is some tiny little thing that puts you in the slammer. I've actually been managing to stay clean lately (touch wood). The bar is definitely much higher than it used to be. I'd say that almost half of my collection would likely fail if I resubmitted the images today. However, those older photos continue to be my bread and butter on Alamy, so they can't be all that objectionable. 

Betty

Congratulations on your imminent release, Betty. It usually is some tiny little thing that puts you in the slammer. I've actually been managing to stay clean lately (touch wood). The bar is definitely much higher than it used to be. I'd say that almost half of my collection would likely fail if I resubmitted the images today. However, those older photos continue to be my bread and butter on Alamy, so they can't be all that objectionable. 

Agreed, John, Agreed, Agreed, Agreed.

Archived