Alamy creative collection ?

Sorry I have been out of the system for a while and have probably missed heaps of discussions about this but ......

Looking at my collection I now find I have 20 images listed as being in the Alamy creative collection ( some of them I would not call creative, but they are there ) 

When creative started I was rejected because they said the majority of my collection was not creative ( fair enough and I would agree with that ) 

I am wondering how I got a creative collection and if I can add images either new or existing into that collection ?

many thanks in advance :-) 

Actually more a sign of popularity - the images will probably have sold at least once but often more.

Do your images in the creative collection turn up when you search on your pseudonym or when you search a topic? I have a reasonable number when searching on topics - but none on my pseudo.

Niels

Mark, they are the ones that pop up on searches above the creative-relevant line. As far as I am aware you can't search for all your "creative" images as they seem to be dynamically selected on the basis of the search - although a "creative" image may appear in two different searches I get the impression that it may not always be shown as creative.

Anyway judging by my "creative" images it is a misnomer.

I am fairly lucky ( for once in my life ) in having a fairly unique name "Steley" there is only one family in the world who spell their name that way.

If I do an advanced search for Steley I get a creative collection at the top of the page then the rest of my stuff.

What does it mean when the results under "Creative" and "Relevant" are exactly the same?

Allan

It means you are irrelevant ;)

If there is a comment at the top of the search saying "Sort based on relevancy:" then you don't have any in the Creative collection.

What does it mean when the results under "Creative" and "Relevant" are exactly the same?

Allan

It means you are irrelevant ;)

If there is a comment at the top of the search saying "Sort based on relevancy:" then you don't have any in the Creative collection.

I've always thought I was irrelevant, now I know. :P

Yes it does say "Sort based on relevancy." Shucks! Just goes to prove that I am not creative and should not be with FAA either.

Allan

• 5 weeks later...

The road to creative seems to be a slippery one. I appear to officially have one lonely image in the creative collection. It has been there since the collection was established, and it has never been zoomed (as far as I remember) or leased. However, I do sometimes see my images coming up as "Creative" when I do searches, especially when there aren't a lot of results for a particular subject.

I have only 12 images designated at "Creative" but only one has ever sold.

That must mean that you are 12 times as creative as I am. Hope it was a decent sale.

John, not sure I would have picked the twelve and sadly the one shot that has sold, was used in a newspaper!

Archived