August 2024 Favourite Uploads

1 hour ago, Michael Ventura said:

Don’t keep us hanging, what is it?

12 minutes ago, gvallee said:

Blue Button Jellyfish ?

Hi. Yes, Blue button. It is not a jellyfish but related. That one was comparatively big, 1.5-2 inches with tentacles spread. 

Edited by IKuzmin
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IKuzmin said:

Hi. Yes, Blue button. It is not a jellyfish but related. That one was comparatively big, 1.5-2 inches with tentacles spread. 

I'm so glad you posted. I've keyworded mine as 'Blue Button Jellyfish'. I will correct it straight away.

There is no competition, your images are stunning. I found those blue buttons on the beach in Australia.

FKR0F7.jpg

2F712FA.jpg

Edited by gvallee
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

I'm so glad you posted. I've keyworded mine as 'Blue Button Jellyfish'. I will correct it straight away.

There is no competition, your images are stunning. I found those blue buttons on the beach in Australia.

FKR0F7.jpg

2F712FA.jpg

It looks so much like a limpet you wouldn't want to meet.

8 hours ago, gvallee said:
10 hours ago, IKuzmin said:

Yes, here dead on the beach as well. Often, as elsewhere, thinks me. I wanted alive, underneath... you know.

Edited by IKuzmin

17 hours ago, IKuzmin said:

A little blue thing

2XPTMDH.jpg

The same thing

2XPTMD9.jpg

Underneath

2XPTMCX.jpg

Even better, with reflection in the sky (I just wonder how people get rid of debris underwater)

2XPTMDC.jpg

PS: Do not get me wrong, I know what the "thing" is.

lovely!

• Thanks 1

I spotted this large piece of plastic junk on Seaham's Blast Beach during a walk along the Durham coastline, probably not the kind of thing that sells !

plastic-waste-on-blast-beach-seaham-co-d

Edited by Bryan
  • Like 1

Tree House toy free to good home 

tree-house-toy-free-to-good-home-2XPGK0B

Resurfacing road, High Street, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, UK

resurfacing-road-high-street-cherry-will

Groundsman using strimmer to trim grass around headstones, Church yard

groundsman-using-strimmer-to-trim-grass-

Bright sun shining through contrail

bright-sun-shining-through-contrail-over

Breaded haddock dinner

breaded-haddock-dinner-2XPGJW0.jpg

Allan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KitJames said:

st-marys-church-and-graveyard-with-outdo

Great picture! But get one with people in too. Hold your camera down at waist level if you're feeling self conscious, and if mirrorless, you can use the silent shutter option.

13 minutes ago, Steve F said:

Great picture! But get one with people in too. Hold your camera down at waist level if you're feeling self conscious, and if mirrorless, you can use the silent shutter option.

Didn't think to get a picture with people in until we left the village. 🤔 I'll remember that. 🙂

5 hours ago, KitJames said:

Didn't think to get a picture with people in until we left the village. 🤔 I'll remember that. 🙂

Agree with Steve but if you want to sell as POD usually better without people in it.

Allan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bryan said:

I spotted this large piece of plastic junk on Seaham's Blast Beach during a walk along the Durham coastline, probably not the kind of thing that sells !

plastic-waste-on-blast-beach-seaham-co-d

Rubbish does sell Bryan. I should know.😉

Allan

• Like 1

On 09/08/2024 at 16:47, Allan Bell said:

Agree with Steve but if you want to sell as POD usually better without people in it.

Allan

I don't mind best of both worlds.

Manchester, UK, 10th August, 2024. The Manchester Caribbean Carnival parade, a celebration of the Caribbean and African diaspora, makes its way through south Manchester, beginning and ending at Alexandra Park in Moss Side, where the Carnival in the Park celebrations of entertainment and live music take place. This is the parade's 52nd year. Credit: Terry Waller/Alamy Live News

2XREHJG.jpg

• Like 2

My daughter taking a picture of her granddaughter with her smartphone.

2XRD4FG.jpg

My 2 year old great grandson sucking on a piece of candy in his mouth. He’s the happiest child. Will hug everyone, doesn’t know a stranger. I have never seen him have a meltdown. He takes the word, “No” with aplomb, just turns around & does something else.

2XRD4FM.jpg

Edited by Betty LaRue
  • Love 3

A few more of my insect shots. I tend to look for things doing something - in the insect world this generally means eating or mating.

Common Assassin Bug, Pristhesancus plagipennis. Instar or Nymph with Reed Bee prey, probably Genus Exoneura. Proboscis impaling prey

common-assassin-bug-pristhesancus-plagip

Stick Nest Brown Paper Wasp, Ropalidia sp, probably Ropalidia revolutionalis. Eating prey.

stick-nest-brown-paper-wasp-ropalidia-sp

Adult Common Assassin Bug, Pristhesancus plagipennis with prey. Proboscis impaling head of prey

adult-common-assassin-bug-pristhesancus-

These adult sawflies only live for a week or so, they don't eat, just mate, lay eggs and die, this is a male, with wonderful serrated antennae. I also found a female in the same area.
Melaleuca Sawfly, Lophyrotoma zonalis. Also called Paperbark Sawfly. Male as the antennae are serrated
melaleuca-sawfly-lophyrotoma-zonalis-als

• Love 1
  • Like 2

Sort of awful and beautiful at the same time. Amazing to be able to propagate without ever eating. It seems weirdly magical.

Paulette

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, KitJames said:

st-marys-church-and-graveyard-with-outdo

dahlia-flowers-belle-of-barmera-type-gro

Superb! If I was nitpicking, maybe get the central church tower vertical. But interesting viewpoint, good lighting and sky, and people in the image for a change.

• Love 1