Click through rate now showing my own clicks...

RVT

Question

So. I've been away for a while, have more or less stopped submitting images now, but a larger than normal single sale prompted me to come back and have a look at what was going on. I Did a bit of looking around, and then noticed that my "click through rate" showed the results of my own clicks on my own images. Is this a thing now? (Perhaps it was always a thing, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't). I thought our "ranking" was largely determined by this figure, which, if we can "adjust" it ourselves makes it kind of meaningless. I seem to remember in the past, being told only clicks/views by known customers/buyers were counted. As I say, I've been away from Alamy for a while, so am a bit out of the loop, but would be interested to know the details of this  change if anyone knows them? Thanks! 

Edited by RVT
correction of typo

11 minutes ago, RVT said:

So. I've been away for a while, have more or less stopped submitting images now, but a larger than normal single sale prompted me to come back and have a look at what was going on. I Did a bit of looking around, and then noticed that my "click through rate" showed the results of my own clicks on my own images. Is this a thing now? (Perhaps it was always a thing, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't). I thought out "ranking" was largely determined by this figure, which, if we can "adjust" it ourselves makes it kind of meaningless. I seem to remember in the past, being told only clicks/views by known customers/buyers were counted. As I say, I've been away from Alamy for a while, so am a bit out of the loop, but would be interested to know the details of this  change if anyone knows them? Thanks! 

Sort of a "goodwill gesture" thing???

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

16 minutes ago, RVT said:

So. I've been away for a while, have more or less stopped submitting images now, but a larger than normal single sale prompted me to come back and have a look at what was going on. I Did a bit of looking around, and then noticed that my "click through rate" showed the results of my own clicks on my own images. Is this a thing now? (Perhaps it was always a thing, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't). I thought out "ranking" was largely determined by this figure, which, if we can "adjust" it ourselves makes it kind of meaningless. I seem to remember in the past, being told only clicks/views by known customers/buyers were counted. As I say, I've been away from Alamy for a while, so am a bit out of the loop, but would be interested to know the details of this  change if anyone knows them? Thanks! 

So if you zoom one of your images 10 times, that shows up on the next Alamy update?

6 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Sort of a "goodwill gesture" thing???

Ha ha 😆

Yes, same thing happened to me. Have tried to explain it in a different thread on here, but don't think it was very well understood. 

My CTR has spiked massively after I zoomed my own images.

Never had a CTR as high as this before 😄

8 minutes ago, Kat said:

Yes, same thing happened to me. Have tried to explain it in a different thread on here, but don't think it was very well understood. 

My CTR has spiked massively after I zoomed my own images.

Never had a CTR as high as this before 😄

Yes, GWG. When you look at the images zoomed on your account, and then look for the same images in AoA, you will notice that in the AoA measures, your zooms were not registered. Therefore, GWG!

16 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Yes, GWG. When you look at the images zoomed on your account, and then look for the same images in AoA, you will notice that in the AoA measures, your zooms were not registered. Therefore, GWG!

Not sure I understand you, Ognyan. 

I've just checked AoA, and my own zoomed images are also registered there as zooms.

I'm sure it will get fixed at some point. 

27 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

forgive me for being a bit dim, what does GWG and AoA mean? 

23 minutes ago, RVT said:

You said you’ve already checked AoA…GWG stands for Goodwill Gesture-smth to lift our spirits up

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov

6 hours ago, RVT said:

AoA is 'All of Alamy', one of the options in Measures.

• Love 1

19 minutes ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Today's results repeat some from yesterday. And this is my last post (I know, I know, I won't be missed)

This could be the end. But IT issues are not insurmountable. This could all be fixed very quickly. And very arguably, sales are much more important than statistics...

1 hour ago, Steve F said:

And very arguably, sales are much more important than statistics...

But now they don't report the sales correctly! This was mentioned in a couple of other threads. E.g., my "Alamy measures" -> "Your images" shows a couple of recent sales that are absent in the "Sales history" and "Download sales report".

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, IKuzmin said:

But now they don't report the sales correctly! This was mentioned in a couple of other threads. E.g., my "Alamy measures" -> "Your images" shows a couple of recent sales that are absent in the "Sales history" and "Download sales report".

Thanks, I have the same problem... 🤔

Confirming CTR is now showing own zooms and Pseudonym Summary is showing both own zooms and own views.

Disimproved.

Which funnily enough is an anagram of improvised.

wim

• Love 1

Checked this on my account and yes, it's true. Given the low number of views I get for my tiny portfolio, I could push my CTR through the roof in about five minutes, and some contributors will probably have done so already, either knowingly or not. Of course, CTR may no longer have any relevance whatsoever, but if it does ranking is now wide open to manipulation.

6 hours ago, IKuzmin said:

Same problem here

Alex

19 hours ago, IKuzmin said:

12 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

Same problem here

Alex

Here as well. My last submission of 19th June are allegedly on sale but not yet appeared anywhere in Alamy measures/Your images.

Jim

17 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Disimproved.

Which funnily enough is an anagram of improvised.

Not quite Wim. There's an extra D in disimproved.

Alan

I thought I had a new Zoom this morning but it's one I zoomed yesterday. However, I think I zoomed others and they are not in Measures. So weird. And images I finished keywording a couple of days ago are still not showing.

Paulette

19 hours ago, DJ Myford said:

Checked this on my account and yes, it's true. Given the low number of views I get for my tiny portfolio, I could push my CTR through the roof in about five minutes, and some contributors will probably have done so already, either knowingly or not. Of course, CTR may no longer have any relevance whatsoever, but if it does ranking is now wide open to manipulation.

Well, I've pushed it through the roof to prove a point. Not sure I'm going to come back every day to keep doing it though

4 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

Not quite Wim. There's an extra D in disimproved.

Alan

Aaiii!

Oops, yes you're right.

Almost.

Close but no cigar.

wim

My images that I chose to test with were already showing on the first page of a search. One has been coming in first place for years, so I couldn't really improve it, and the other two may move up perhaps one or two places, but nothing significant. Probably should have tried with some that are less popular, but I'm just too darn ethical for my own good.

I decided my one zoom showing up was because I had gone from the search on all of Alamy ... not just looking through my own images. It shows as a zoom with the search words I used. Now I have had an appalling experience searching from the main search page. I decided on a rather general search of African Lion. First thing that happened was lots of illustrations. I saw that I had to choose photographs, not all images. Makes sense. The results were just awful. Lots of series of images taken by the same photographer at the same time. A lot of images so poor I would never have uploaded them. I decided to narrow my search to Male Lion Masai Mara. At one point I got a bunch of leopards in Tsavo. Now that was the photographers fault. He had Masai Mara in the keywords. But in the past an error like that would only show occasionally in a search. Now it is leopard after leopard after leopard. How can Alamy keep clients with results like that? Never saw one of my images. I guess I should try polar bears and sea otters since mine usually show up on page one. This is not good.

Paulette

Better results with Polar Bear and Sea Otter. Lions seem to be a mess. No wonder mine don't often sell.

Edited by NYCat