June 2024 Favourite Uploads

4 hours ago, gvallee said:

the trip of a lifetime

You never know. That's what I thought on my first trip to Africa. I went back twice. Some places call to us. You certainly made it look wonderful in your images.

Paulette

• Love 2

4 minutes ago, NYCat said:

You never know. That's what I thought on my first trip to Africa. I went back twice. Some places call to us. You certainly made it look wonderful in your images.

Paulette

Yes, never say never.

A nice wooden Beach Hut near Ryde on the Isle of Wight, UK. It’s just sold for £18,000! I thought that was a lot of money until my sister in law told me they can sell for up to £300,000 in Bournemouth!

2XBB56B.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde

38 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

A nice wooden Beach Hut near Ryde on the Isle of Wight, UK. It’s just sold for £18,000! I thought that was a lot of money until my sister in law told me they can sell for up to £300,000 in Bournemouth!

2XBB56B.jpg

Keep up. There is one on the market for £570,000 at the mo on Mudeford Spit near me.

And you get something like this.....bargain at half the price (never got that saying, shouldn't it be bargain at double the price?)

2CTJ017.jpg

Edited by Martin L
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, Martin L said:

Keep up. There is one on the market for £570,000 at the mo on Mudeford Spit near me.

And you get something like this.....bargain at half the price (never got that saying, shouldn't it be bargain at double the price?)

2CTJ017.jpg

Unbelievable! They can’t rent or sell them at WsM near me. That’s another story.

Martin, you being a boat man, would you be able to help identify this police patrol boat. It followed our ferry out of Portsmouth to the IOW. It was with two launches who were practising getting police on and off the ferry as we sailed across the Solent. I’ve found some other police patrol boats linked to Portsmouth but I can’t find this one..

53786694096_da4af315e8_c.jpg

10 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Unbelievable! They can’t rent or sell them at WsM near me. That’s another story.

Martin, you being a boat man, would you be able to help identify this police patrol boat. It followed our ferry out of Portsmouth to the IOW. It was with two launches who were practising getting police on and off the ferry as we sailed across the Solent. I’ve found some other police patrol boats linked to Portsmouth but I can’t find this one..

53786694096_da4af315e8_c.jpg

Aaahhhh haaahhh Steve me lad, I be a sailor, use the wind not the engine......we smell of beer and sweat not Pimms and after shave like those posh lads that ride them new fangled motor boaties..........................🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Seriously Try this

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Martin L said:

Aaahhhh haaahhh Steve me lad, I be a sailor, use the wind not the engine......we smell of beer and sweat not Pimms and after shave like those posh lads that ride them new fangled motor boaties..........................🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️🏴‍☠️

Seriously Try this

Brilliant, a Dorset Pirate 😀

thanks for the link. That’s spot on 👍

Electronic Road Closed sign, Fiskerton Road, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, UK

electronic-road-closed-sign-fiskerton-ro

Maya Beauty parlour, Saltergate, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

maya-beauty-parlour-saltergate-lincoln-c

Handcart with mixed plant for sale, Church Lane, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, UK

handcart-with-mixed-plant-for-sale-churc

Rain drops on Large red rose

rain-drops-on-large-red-rose-2XB2FWA.jpg

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Sacred Kingfisher

a-sacred-kingfisher-todiramphus-sanctus-

Pied Oystercatcher

an-australian-pied-oystercatcher-haemato

Pacific Gull in the last bit of sunlight of the day

a-pacific-gull-larus-pacificus-standing-

These are really nice images Sally. I’ve never seen a Kingfisher up close, like that. The best I’ve seen is a small, quick flash of metallic blue as it’s flown low along a river.

👍

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

2XBKDBK.jpg

2XBKDTY.jpg

Yes, I'm still here in Beatles Town. 

Hope the wolf will not blow that house down.🤔

Nice set Edo.

Allan

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

Is Bora Bora boring? Not if Gen is there with her camera. 

Ha ha! There is also the Nullarbor Plain in Australia which some people call 'Nullarboring'. It's a 2 day drive through flat desert like country. However, there's plenty to see for those who care to look.

14 hours ago, NYCat said:

Gorgeous Kingfisher image. Love the colors.

Paulette

14 hours ago, Steve Hyde said:

These are really nice images Sally. I’ve never seen a Kingfisher up close, like that. The best I’ve seen is a small, quick flash of metallic blue as it’s flown low along a river.

👍

Thank you Paulette and Steve. The little kingfisher was just sitting quietly on a branch quite close by. They actually have a turquoise back which you can’t see in this photo that matches the feathers on their head. This one was sitting in a nice patch of winter light filtering through the trees.

The other day, I had a portrait shoot at the rooftop terrace of the John F Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, in Washington DC, and was able to take a few quick snaps while there.

Looking up the Potomac River towards the Georgetown neighborhood.

usa-washington-dc-potomac-river-and-geor

The infamous Watergate hotel and apartment complex, next door to the Kennedy Center.

usa-washington-dc-the-watergate-hotel-an

A large bronze bust sculpture of John F Kennedy inside the Kennedy Center

usa-washington-dc-bronze-sculpture-of-jo

Edited by Michael Ventura
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

A few from a trip to the Isle of Wight last week…

A spaniel catching pebbles

2XBB54C.jpg

A couple of Police launches chasing our ferry

2XBB52N.jpg

2XBB52F.jpg

2XBB597.jpg

2XBB56W.jpg

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Spectacular sunrise at Carmila Beach, one of our favourite campsite, Queensland, Australia

2XC7PYT.jpg

Watching sunrise

2XC7PYM.jpg

Australia great outdoors, camped right by the beach, nobody in sight, Internet, solar, anything we could possibly need.

2XC7PYN.jpg

• Love 1

Waterstones display of a book at half price, High street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

waterstones-display-of-a-book-at-half-pr

Red boat hire river Witham, Riverside North, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

red-boat-hire-river-witham-riverside-nor

Vertu HONDA showroom, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

vertu-honda-showroom-outer-circle-road-l

USAF aircraft on landing path to RAF Waddington, Cherry Willingham, Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England, UK 

usaf-aircraft-on-landing-path-to-raf-wad

Charles Warner MG car dealer closed down, Outer Circle Road, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire, England, UK

charles-warner-mg-car-dealer-closed-down

Allan