Zeiss Ikon Contina III camera

zeiss-ikon-contina-iii-camera-2WRWW91.jp

PURMA SPECIAL 127 film camera

purma-special-127-film-camera-2WRWW8F.jp

Allan 🤐

• Love 5
  • Like 2

A few from me. All from a trip in to Bristol last week

I found these in a second hand shop. Took me back to my early teens..

2WRWX73.jpg

Council maintenance work to the walls of the River Avon New Cut

2WRWX18.jpg

A new cake shop/cafe we discovered

2WRWX40.jpg

Sampling the shop products purely for research purpose’s 😋

2WRWX3C.jpg

Edited by Steve Hyde
  • Love 1
  • Like 3

We were lucky to be able to get into the remote Mornington Wildlife Sanctuary, a fabulous nature reserve located in one of the most scenic areas of Australia, the Kimberleys.

From the turn off on the dirt road to the actual reception and camping area, is 80kms one way. Only a limited number of visitors are allowed at one point in time. In order to avoid disappointment, a radio has been installed at the turn off. It was broken. We had to take our chances. 160kms return of fuel wasted and tyres wear on a rough dirt road if the place was full. Luckily, there was space for us! We were in heaven!

We saw the most delightful birds and other wildlife there, a real paradise for bird photographers. The setting is boabs (or bottle trees), red cliffs, rivers, savannah, forests. Every habitat a bird needs.

Other locations in this series were Wyndham and Duncan Road in WA/NT.

2WWFTJY.jpg

2WWFTK0.jpg

2WWFTK6.jpg

2WWFTPK.jpg

2WWFTX1.jpg

2WWFTEE.jpg

2WWFTFP.jpg

2WWFTFW.jpg

2WWFTP9.jpg

2WWFTR5.jpg

2WWFTWP.jpg

• Love 4
  • Like 3

Thank you, Gen, for giving me more of Australia. Amazing little birds. When I was in Africa my buddy and I were always willing to pass by the little birds because it was so hard for us to get good pictures. We went for those BIG lions and elephants. If Joe Van Os was stopped we figured it was for a tiny bird. It was through love of birds that he became a photographer.

Paulette 

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, NYCat said:

Thank you, Gen, for giving me more of Australia. Amazing little birds. When I was in Africa my buddy and I were always willing to pass by the little birds because it was so hard for us to get good pictures. We went for those BIG lions and elephants. If Joe Van Os was stopped we figured it was for a tiny bird. It was through love of birds that he became a photographer.

Paulette 

The little birds are why I carry so much equipment... Big lens, heavy tripod, nightmare to travel with, but birding gives me a lot of pleasure. Bird images are also a lot of work to edit. 

2 hours ago, gvallee said:

The little birds are why I carry so much equipment... Big lens, heavy tripod, nightmare to travel with, but birding gives me a lot of pleasure. Bird images are also a lot of work to edit. 

I’m with you. When I bought my first professional camera, I went straight to photographing birds. They made about 75% of everything I shot for several years. After all, I’ve lived with pet birds all of my life and am currently watching a Bald Eagle nest on YouTube.

These days, I don’t have the stamina to walk around with a long lens even though what I have now weighs less than the Nikon setup I once had.

i always look forward to seeing your beautiful bird photography.

• Love 1

On 21/03/2024 at 05:05, Allan Bell said:

CORFIELD Periflex Gold Star

corfield-periflex-gold-star-2WRWW78.jpg

Argus C3 Camera

argus-c3-camera-2WRWW5F.jpg

ICA Victrix small bellows camera

ica-victrix-small-bellows-camera-2WRWW81

Zeiss Ikon Contina III camera

zeiss-ikon-contina-iii-camera-2WRWW91.jp

PURMA SPECIAL 127 film camera

purma-special-127-film-camera-2WRWW8F.jp

Allan 🤐

Wow, Allan, you have quite the collection here & you’ve photographed them very well. Have you shot many of these?

20 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Wow, Allan, you have quite the collection here & you’ve photographed them very well. Have you shot many of these?

No I do not use them for marksmanship trials on the range. (Joking)  

They are for my own satisfaction just to be able to see them on display. I have used the later models but not the earlier models even though most of the are operable. I suspect the shutter mechanisms would need to be checked for accuracy.

Actually there are still some images of more cameras to be uploaded yet and today I was at a flee market and an antiques centre and picked up some seven more cameras.  When they are checked over properly and cleaned up I will photograph them to upload to Alamy.

Allan

CORONET MIDGET camera

coronet-midget-camera-2WW060P.jpg

Ensignette No 2 B DE LUXE

ensignette-no-2-b-de-luxe-2WW060W.jpg

KOROLL 24 S 120 roll film camera

koroll-24-s-120-roll-film-camera-2WW062Y

Allan

• Love 4
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

No I do not use them for marksmanship trials on the range. (Joking)  

They are for my own satisfaction just to be able to see them on display. I have used the later models but not the earlier models even though most of the are operable. I suspect the shutter mechanisms would need to be checked for accuracy.

Actually there are still some images of more cameras to be uploaded yet and today I was at a flee market and an antiques centre and picked up some seven more cameras.  When they are checked over properly and cleaned up I will photograph them to upload to Alamy.

Allan

I am so envious that you have the SPACE for such a collection. That midget camera is so cute.

Paulette

2 hours ago, NYCat said:

I am so envious that you have the SPACE for such a collection. That midget camera is so cute.

Paulette

I am fast running out of space. Bought a glass fronted book case some time ago and filled it with cameras.  Made myself a wall hanging glass fronted show case and that is full of cameras. Both are sited in my office, which is quite small really.

Not sure where to go next.  There is a open front book case sat on top and to the back of my desk in the office. Thinking of  having a sort out and throwing the dross out of it then rearrange it to allow more room for cameras.

Can't go any further than that unless I start putting them in the lounge/diner. AH! Well! got to stop collecting sometime.

Back in the 80's - 90's I accumulated a large collection of around 500 items of cameras and photo related accessories. After my wife passed away I moved to a smaller place and had to get rid of most of the collection as there was no room.  Looks like I am starting again but I will not collect anywhere near that amount. In fact I am almost at saturation point now.

The coronet midget is cute and was expensive too.

Allan

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Oh my.. office, lounge. I'm excited to have a bedroom after many years living in a studio apartment. Of course, having a small space is kind of the price to pay for living in NYC. Overall, for me it is worth it. Glad you can do your happy things.

Paulette

• Love 2

I collect tubes of watercolor paint. I need to take some stock pictures of some of my watercolor supplies. I have more than I need, not as a collection but to use. I’m a sucker for changing brands. Daniel Smith is the latest brand I felt I couldn’t live without after reading reviews.

Note to self, photograph them.

I like the midget, too. And I like that old one that probably takes glass (?) The one with pleats.

• Love 2

15 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I am fast running out of space. Bought a glass fronted book case some time ago and filled it with cameras.  Made myself a wall hanging glass fronted show case and that is full of cameras. Both are sited in my office, which is quite small really.

Not sure where to go next.  There is a open front book case sat on top and to the back of my desk in the office. Thinking of  having a sort out and throwing the dross out of it then rearrange it to allow more room for cameras.

Can't go any further than that unless I start putting them in the lounge/diner. AH! Well! got to stop collecting sometime.

Back in the 80's - 90's I accumulated a large collection of around 500 items of cameras and photo related accessories. After my wife passed away I moved to a smaller place and had to get rid of most of the collection as there was no room.  Looks like I am starting again but I will not collect anywhere near that amount. In fact I am almost at saturation point now.

The coronet midget is cute and was expensive too.

Allan

Nice collection!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

CORONET MIDGET camera

coronet-midget-camera-2WW060P.jpg

Ensignette No 2 B DE LUXE

ensignette-no-2-b-de-luxe-2WW060W.jpg

KOROLL 24 S 120 roll film camera

koroll-24-s-120-roll-film-camera-2WW062Y

Allan

I love the midget camera too. For some reason when I looked at it, it felt like it should have a name, and the first name that came to me was Alfie 😂 It looks like the R2D2 of the vintage camera world. I looked them up and can see they came out in 1935 and came in 6 different colours. There was a lot of character and charm in the way things were made back then, as can be seen in vintage motor vehicles.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Sally Robertson said:

Some recent images from Perth city, Western Australia

the-redeveloped-western-australian-museu

the-former-general-post-office-in-perth-

the-chevron-headquarters-the-ritz-carlto

steps-to-the-historical-jubilee-building

I love the beauty & character of the old buildings. I don’t care for the glass or concrete cubes being built in the U.S. for the past 75 years. Absolutely no character to them. I understand (sorta) when they say it costs more to renovate than build new, but it doesn’t mean I like it. Maybe it’s because I’m a fossil, too.

• Love 1

11 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I collect tubes of watercolor paint. I need to take some stock pictures of some of my watercolor supplies. I have more than I need, not as a collection but to use. I’m a sucker for changing brands. Daniel Smith is the latest brand I felt I couldn’t live without after reading reviews.

Note to self, photograph them.

I like the midget, too. And I like that old one that probably takes glass (?) The one with pleats.

Love it.  "The one with the pleats."  Made me smile.

Just for clarification I hope you are talking about one of the "Bellows" cameras and not something else which I have missed.

Allan

20 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Love it.  "The one with the pleats."  Made me smile.

Just for clarification I hope you are talking about one of the "Bellows" cameras and not something else which I have missed.

Allan

Yes, that one. It makes me think of old pictures I’ve seen with the photographer bent over and covered with a black drape.

18 hours ago, NYCat said:

Oh my.. office, lounge. I'm excited to have a bedroom after many years living in a studio apartment. Of course, having a small space is kind of the price to pay for living in NYC. Overall, for me it is worth it. Glad you can do your happy things.

Paulette

The good thing is you don’t have a lot of area to clean. I have 3 bedrooms 2 baths on this floor. (I have a finished basement) But one bedroom is my office/art room. One side is my desk, iMac and a large photography storage cabinet & a small oriental cabinet with office supplies, the other side has my art table, two light stands & a console full of art stuff. It’s a messy side.

Echo’s room requires more cleaning because of her feathers/feather dust and the fact that she tosses cooked vegetables out of her cage onto the tiled floor.

22 hours ago, NYCat said:

Paulette

Sometimes I wish I had gone for a smaller (less rooms) property but pleased I did not as I hardly have room enough now for all I want to do.

Half of the dining table is taken up with a copy stand, which I built, and another quarter of the table is taken up with a plank on frame model of the Mayflower in progress.

The coffee table is used to support my white background for product photography.

Allan

I love the range of colours these seahorses come in. Such a vibrant yellow, and the white bands showing bright orange spots and lines.

thorny-seahorse-also-known-as-spiny-seah

I saw something "weird" happening out of the corner of my eye, in an area mainly known for small macro stuff. There was swirling sand, something waving about, bits of algae floating around. So, naturally, we swam over to see what it was all about. Napoleon Snake Eels live buried in the sand, just their heads poking out, waiting for a meal to come past. And this snake eel had won the jackpot, snagging a banded snake eel which must have been out hunting. The banded was caught firmly by the Napoleon and fighting for it's life. Not easy taking a still, especially with a 100 macro lens, with animals swirling, and all the substrate disturbed, and this is the only decent one. And the drama of the moment not really caught either. But hubby has some amazing video.
napoleon-snake-eel-ophichthus-bonaparti-

• Love 3
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

I love the beauty & character of the old buildings. I don’t care for the glass or concrete cubes being built in the U.S. for the past 75 years. Absolutely no character to them. I understand (sorta) when they say it costs more to renovate than build new, but it doesn’t mean I like it. Maybe it’s because I’m a fossil, too.

I love the old buildings too Betty. I can admire some of the new ones but they are certainly very different. In the recent Western Australian Museum redevelopment they built the new structure kind of over the older buildings which you can see here:

the-western-australian-museum-boola-bard

The old building on the right houses a huge blue whale skeleton that has been at the museum since I was a little kid. It used to be in the 1970s part of the museum that has now been demolished. So the museum is now a mix of the very new (opened in 2020) and the oldest buildings which were built in the late 1800s/early 1900s.