August 2023 Favourite Uploads

Steve Hyde

2 hours ago, cbimages said:

A lot of luck, and a lot of patience + trying not to breathe my tank dry, and I finally, after 43 years of diving, got to get a shot of Valentine's Puffers mating. It takes about one second.......I've tried before and missed it, got lucky this time! It all started with the female cleaning substrate, so I knew what was going to happen, especially when the male  got aggressive towards other males in the area. You can see his belly all creased as he puts out his sperm, then the female lays her eggs. You can see the beautiful bright green lines around the males eye

Aftermating-pair-of-black-saddled-toby-valent

After mating, the female started laying

female-black-saddled-toby-valentines-puf

Amazing and beautiful all at once.

Paulette

• Thanks 1

Because I’m presently stuck at home I’ve been trying my hand at making a few jams and marmalades, with mixed results. Some have set better than others but they’ve all been edible. The first shot here was taken using an old vintage Pentacon 135 f2.8 lens. I was trying to force some flare. That didn’t quite come off but it did produce a really nice Bokeh. The bottom pic is a slice of Portokalopita, Greek Orange Pie. It’s made with dried, crushed filo pastry instead of flour. 

a-group-of-jars-containing-home-made-sev

a-jar-containing-home-made-seville-orang

jars-of-homemade-blackberry-and-apple-ja

a-serving-or-slice-of-orange-pie-this-is

• Love 3
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Steve Hyde said:

Because I’m presently stuck at home I’ve been trying my hand at making a few jams and marmalades, with mixed results. Some have set better than others but they’ve all been edible. The first shot here was taken using an old vintage Pentacon 135 f2.8 lens. I was trying to force some flare. That didn’t quite come off but it did produce a really nice Bokeh. The bottom pic is a slice of Portokalopita, Greek Orange Pie. It’s made with dried, crushed filo pastry instead of flour. 

a-group-of-jars-containing-home-made-sev

a-jar-containing-home-made-seville-orang

jars-of-homemade-blackberry-and-apple-ja

a-serving-or-slice-of-orange-pie-this-is

Tasty!

• Love 1

In the midst of this most miserable of summers, we managed to hit on a reasonably sunny day for a trip on the river Weaver and experience the Anderton canal boat lift in Cheshire. A volunteer from the Canal and River Trust gave an interesting spiel during the trip, recommended !

the-edwin-clark-trip-boat-leaving-the-an

anderton-boat-lift-in-cheshire-england-u

• Love 1

Family in hire row boat on river Nidd, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

family-in-hire-row-boat-on-river-nidd-kn

Knaresborough in Nidd gorge, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, 

knaresborough-in-nidd-gorge-knaresboroug

HOP ON - HOP OFF - City sightseeing bus waiting for customers in front of Lincoln cathedral, Minster Yard, Lincoln City,

hop-on-hop-off-city-sightseeing-bus-wait

Twisted street food kitchen operating in Cornhill Cove, Cornhill, Lincoln City, 

twisted-street-food-kitchen-operating-in

Seated statue of Blind Jack of Knaresborough in market place, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire

seated-statue-of-blind-jack-of-knaresbor

View down Kirkgate to Knaresborough railway station, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

view-down-kirkgate-to-knaresborough-rail

I was going to remove the wires in the sky then thought "What the hell?" they are part of the regular landscape these days.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 2
  • Like 1

On 15/08/2023 at 08:35, Steve Hyde said:

Have to be impressed with the cookery, photography and the handwriting ! 

• Love 1

On 17/08/2023 at 10:13, Allan Bell said:

I was going to remove the wires in the sky then thought "What the hell?" they are part of the regular landscape these days.

Allan

I generally do, and always say so in the blurb. It's a pain, but probably just about worth it.

A few from the recent US roadtrippery.... (frippery?)

Farmall y'all....

2RFJDXW.jpg

Front view closeup of vintage red International  Harvester, Mccormack Deering Farmall tractor in Tropic, Utah

2RFJE6W.jpg

Bored passengers waiting for flights in the departure lounge of London Heathrow airport LHR

2RGEMA7.jpg

illuminated vintage  neon sign for the Western Hills Motel and restaurant  in Flagstaff, Arizona on Route 66

2RFJE4T.jpg

large location sign announcing the the Arizona city of Page USA with the local red rocks shown

2RG7DAR.jpg

panorama of the sculptural metal cladding around the Petersen Automotive Museum, Wilshire Boulevard ,LA, California

• Love 2
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

Farmall y'all....

2RFJDXW.jpg

Front view closeup of vintage red International  Harvester, Mccormack Deering Farmall tractor in Tropic, Utah

Nice pics, looking forward to seeing a few more 🙂

• Love 1

Three bench seats in Pride colours on High Bridge, High street, Lincoln City, 

three-bench-seats-in-pride-colours-on-hi

Lincoln Pride flag in Tourist information shop window Leigh - Pemberton House, Castle Hill, Lincoln City,

lincoln-pride-flag-in-tourist-informatio

Northern railway train arriving platform one Knaresborough station, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, 

northern-railway-train-arriving-platform

Veiw West along river Nidd Knaresborough gorge, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

veiw-west-along-river-nidd-knaresborough

Semaphore signal set at proceed Knaresborough railway station, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

semphor-signal-set-at-proceed-knaresboro

Sorry about the skies but that was the weather on the days. Not replacing with blue skies as it would be false representation.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Allan Bell said:

Three bench seats in Pride colours on High Bridge, High street, Lincoln City, 

three-bench-seats-in-pride-colours-on-hi

Lincoln Pride flag in Tourist information shop window Leigh - Pemberton House, Castle Hill, Lincoln City,

lincoln-pride-flag-in-tourist-informatio

Northern railway train arriving platform one Knaresborough station, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, 

northern-railway-train-arriving-platform

Veiw West along river Nidd Knaresborough gorge, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

veiw-west-along-river-nidd-knaresborough

Semphor signal set at proceed Knaresborough railwat station, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

semphor-signal-set-at-proceed-knaresboro

Sorry about the skies but that was the weather on the days. Not replacing with blue skies as it would be false representation.

Allan

Check "semphor" spelling, Alan 😉

Best, Ognyan

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Martin L said:

'railwat' :)

4 hours ago, Ognyan Yosifov said:

Check "semphor" spelling, Alan 😉

Best, Ognyan

Thanks guys all corrected now in AIM.

Allan

And on here.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, StokeCreative said:

Farmall y'all....

2RFJDXW.jpg

2RFJE6W.jpg

Bored passengers waiting for flights in the departure lounge of London Heathrow airport LHR

2RGEMA7.jpg

illuminated vintage  neon sign for the Western Hills Motel and restaurant  in Flagstaff, Arizona on Route 66

2RFJE4T.jpg

large location sign announcing the the Arizona city of Page USA with the local red rocks shown

2RG7DAR.jpg

panorama of the sculptural metal cladding around the Petersen Automotive Museum, Wilshire Boulevard ,LA, California

I've only just noted the glitch in my pano, how did I not see that!! Its a take down and re-do!

A few more from my latest upload.

Combine harvestor reaping a wheat crop, Cherry Willingham, Lincolnshire,

combine-harvestor-reaping-a-wheat-crop-c

I was trying to present the feeling of wide open spaces and how small we are in the overall picture. (Think it worked as well)

Waterside below cliff in Nidd Gorge Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

waterside-below-cliff-in-nidd-gorge-knar

Row boat making good speed on river Nidd, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

row-boat-making-good-speed-on-river-nidd

River Nidd gorge from the West, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire, 

river-nidd-gorge-from-the-west-knaresbor

A coming together hire row boats on river Nidd, Knaresborough, North Yorkshire,

a-coming-together-hire-row-boats-on-rive

Allan

I have been here alone so long my beard has grown another half inch.

ITMA

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Love 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Bryan said:

Another addition to Alamy's supply of photos of Helmsley Beck, wires cloned out !

helmsley-beck-leading-to-the-church-towe

That would do OK for P4M.  Just sayin.  Might be worth taking the people out of it though.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

Some more.

NHS Emergency Ambulance supporting Lincoln Pride Parade, High Street, Lincoln City,

nhs-emergency-ambulance-supporting-linco

Lincolnshire Fire Brigade Engine in Lincoln Pride Parade, High Street, Lincoln City

lincolnshire-fire-brigade-engine-in-linc

People dressed and made up on float in Lincoln Pride Parade, High street, Lincoln City

people-dressed-and-made-up-on-float-in-l

People supporting Lincoln Pride Parade, High Street, Lincoln City,

people-supporting-lincoln-pride-parade-h

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1

Next lot.

Person supporting the LGBT+ community fixing flags in hair buns on head in Lincoln Pride Parade, High Street, Lincoln City

person-supporting-the-lgbt-community-fix

Traders moving Pride rainbow products stall down High Street, Lincoln City, Lincolnshire,

traders-moving-pride-rainbow-products-st

Two young women wearing pink cowgirl hats walking in Lincoln Pride Parade, High Street, Lincoln City,

two-young-women-wearing-pink-cowgirl-hat

And last but not least.

Two young women on stilts in fancy costumes waving coloured fans in Lincoln Pride Parade, High Street, Lincoln City,

two-young-women-on-stilts-in-fancy-costu

Allan

• Love 2
  • Like 1