Errors in captions and keywords

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I often find errors or omissions in my captions or keywords, to the extent that I always take at least one other look a day or so after saving. Despite this, the odd mistake still gets through.  Sometimes I pick this up from a weird customer search term appearing in my Alamy Measures.

One is getting old.....

I am prompted to write this, as you might have guessed, due to having had to correct text in a couple of titles !

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Just a couple of days ago, I found an error in a caption. What’s so frustrating, it was in an older image, part of my first 5,000. That group was the ones that tag phrases were fractured when Alamy changed everything..got rid of the 3 keyword boxes.  I went over & fixed all 5,000 images & revised many of the captions while I was at it. I worked on them every day for several months, though. Tired eyes….tired brain…

8 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

Just a couple of days ago, I found an error in a caption. What’s so frustrating, it was in an older image, part of my first 5,000. That group was the ones that tag phrases were fractured when Alamy changed everything..got rid of the 3 keyword boxes.  I went over & fixed all 5,000 images & revised many of the captions while I was at it. I worked on them every day for several months, though. Tired eyes….tired brain…

I didn't check all my images after the changes and now sometimes when I go back to an old image I find a bunch of keywords were stuck together in a string. So annoying.

Paulette

18 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I didn't check all my images after the changes and now sometimes when I go back to an old image I find a bunch of keywords were stuck together in a string. So annoying.

Paulette

That might not be as disadvantageous as it appears. you can search using keywords that only make up part of a keyword phrase and as long as they match the content of the search string the image still appears.

it might not do the precise ranking of the image any favours, but if someone searches "dress" and you have an image with the keyword phrase "red dress catwalk" it should still include it, according to several tests I've carried out.

3 hours ago, Inchiquin said:

I recently had to notify Alamy of an incorrect caption after spotting it when an image was sold. Needless to say the sale was refunded a couple of days later :(

Alan

Honesty the best policy !