What the heck is that?

Two days ago, I got a sale for this image https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=46BAEAE2-DD07-41DA-9624-6233F17F7752 for a whopping revenue of $ 0.05 (!), gross.

The (quite laconic) sale report is: 

6 MB
1714 x 1141 pixels
141KB compressed
downloaded 1 times 

5 cents? Really? I've never had a sale under $ 3 on Alamy. What the heck is that? Personal use? Novel use ? (I don't think so, since I opted out years ago). A super-discounted distribution sale? Just a  little piece of a bulk sale? A gift (sort of) by Alamy to some kind of loyal customer? And what "downloaded 1 times" exactly means? I've never seen this line before.

Edited by riccarbi

On 02/07/2022 at 12:15, riccarbi said:

Two days ago, I got a sale for this image https://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?Imageid=46BAEAE2-DD07-41DA-9624-6233F17F7752 for a whopping revenue of $ 0.05 (!), gross.

6 MB
1714 x 1141 pixels
141KB compressed
downloaded 1 times 

5 cents? Really? I've never had a sale under $ 3 on Alamy. What the heck is that? Personal use? Novel use ? (I don't think so, since I opted out years ago). A super-discounted bulk distribution sale? A gift (sort of) by Alamy to some kind of loyal customer? What "downloaded 1 times" exactly means, I've never see this line before.

Check the forum for the last few days - a lot of reports about this. My three were to China for a December usage. I guess it's with the avalanche at the end of the last year's bulk deal to China (or whatever it was) ...

Edited by Ognyan Yosifov
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, riccarbi said:

6 MB
1714 x 1141 pixels
141KB compressed
downloaded 1 times 

5 cents? Really? I've never had a sale under $ 3 on Alamy. What the heck is that? Personal use? Novel use ? (I don't think so, since I opted out years ago). A super-discounted distribution sale? Just a  little piece of a bulk sale? A gift (sort of) by Alamy to some kind of loyal customer? What "downloaded 1 times" exactly means, I've never seen this line before.

Alamy has been allowing some distributors to only do periodic mass reporting of activity with no details, so this is likely from one of these.

Note that these are partners Selected by Alamy, so the practice and fees are approved by them.

The sales amount seems to be rounded down on the dashboard - at the moment my last three sales all show $0. 

Depressing.

Have Alamy given up ? 

20 hours ago, Bob J said:

The sales amount seems to be rounded down on the dashboard - at the moment my last three sales all show $0. 

Depressing.

Have Alamy given up ? 

Let's hope it is a tactical retreat rather than a complete surrender. Perhaps akin to a 'loss-leader' with the hope of building stronger, more profitable strategic relationships with new, larger clients (sad thing is that it is the little people who suffer the biggest burden again, those that can't afford to do so).

• Like 1

On 02/07/2022 at 09:24, Bob J said:

Depressing.

Have Alamy given up ? 

I'm about to give up on Alamy