2 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

Yep, it is kind of like turning in a rental car and seeing the hidden fees show up in the bill.  I got dinged for over $10 today.

hidden fee paying for the marketing banner they added on top of the car. Fine, yes this cost more but why am i paying for it, and not getting any future return from this tool? 

8 minutes ago, Normspics said:

Yes I got one just under -$8 didn’t have a clue what it was. 

consider yourself lucky i guess, been getting at least one every couple of month since the new contract. 

wow $8, means a licence over $133.  Why do these clients need affiliates to find Alamy?  i could understand a personal use not really knowing, but these are major licences. my last one was just into $$$

Rainy day speculation (and procrastination)

There is something too formal with the affiliate process since last summer.  Before my couple affiliate charges came in at time of licensing, now we all seem to get them as a month end reconciliation and in much bigger numbers,  why would that be? And do to lack of explanation all i can do is speculate...

We know month end sales reporting from large client, so what if the affiliate process now was similar in reverse, a month end reporting of "affiliate" from large "affilator", like a massive goods seller or you know a photo search engine? 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

I too got hit today, for $7.50, which wipes out the profits from several of this month's "editorial website" tiddlers. 🙄

same here.  at this point hoping for infringement is the only way to get decent earning, i still have some images on MS from my early days, and i'm working a making slight variations to replace the version on Alamy to be able to identify and prove provenance in case of infringement. 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Love 1

I have got my first one today :(

From a direct license on 11/03/2022, cleared 5 days ago. So, i suppose the hit is “visible” and suffered at the end of the cleared month.

My total earnings of the month: 0

Other fees: -1,20

Final total: -1,20  :angry:

14 hours ago, shearwater said:

From a direct license on 11/03/2022, cleared 5 days ago. So, i suppose the hit is “visible” and suffered at the end of the cleared month.

I think with returns like that many are thinking "What is the point?"

7 hours ago, Celluloid Hero said:

I think with returns like that many are thinking "What is the point?"

Hopefully other months are (and will be) much better.

My moaning was a little bit about realizing that this is my first negative month.

I can’t complain too much due to the small size and variety of my port.
Upwards and onwards!

• Thanks 1

On 29/04/2022 at 13:33, shearwater said:

So your account is in the negative.  Amazing we keep putting ourselves through this.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MarkK said:

So your account is in the negative.  Amazing we keep putting ourselves through this.

Only this past month as I detailed.

Actually (and fortunately) I have got a Current Cleared Balance over $50, so will have my payment this month :)

But total overall, as you say, the low prices and "other fees" like this, are not very encouraging to put much more effort. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Michael Ventura said:

No new sales today but $16 came off my account for "Other Fees"  😒

Probably affiliates again.

Funny how they never take 45 days to clear, isn't it?😐

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Reimar said:

I had to search for "Other Fees".  I guess I've been lucky:  this is the first time this year.  The more than $10 fee puts Alamy behind AS again so far this month.

Lucky? But you made an affiliate sale. My $7 'other fee' this month relates to a $130 sale. I'm more than happy with that.