Street . . . in the 21st Century

Ed Rooney

23 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Don't know who that is, I'm afraid. I'm not from these parts, remember.

Edo

Labour politician had his own Jag and his ministerial Jag. Nicknamed 2 Jags.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

Back to street images. I was walking up the High street in Lincoln last week and as I approached a corner to another crossroad with my camera in my hand a chap with long hair and big beard came round the corner just in front of me heading straight at me. I saw the photo opportunity immediately but we were too close and he was in a hurry so I had to let it go.

The photo opportunity?  He was smoking a long stemmed pipe. It would have been a great shot. You do not see many pipe smokers these days never mind the exotic pipe smokers.

Allan

15 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

We all miss shots on a regular basis; I know I do.

I have so many missed shots that they have now become a recurring nightmare....had one last night.  In my dream, I had the right lens but could not find my camera body to put it on and then the beautiful scene vanished.  

4 minutes ago, Michael Ventura said:

I have so many missed shots that they have now become a recurring nightmare....had one last night.  In my dream, I had the right lens but could not find my camera body to put it on and then the beautiful scene vanished.  

I also have these sort of camera related dreams...regularly! 😁

Columbus, Ohio, USA, 21 July 2016: Millennials both a young man and young women play Pokemon Go at the Park of Roses. Stock Photo

This editorial image licensed here a couple of times, licensed it direct once, and 70+ times elsewhere in the space of a few months - but it was during the Pokemon Go craze. Interestingly, the close ups showing a hand holding the phone with the Pokemon Go capture on the screen licensed only a handful of times. It was in an urban park, does that count as "street?"

I think selfies are so ubiquitous now, that it's no longer news, just like this photo is past its prime. 

Hard to capture street photography without people glued to their screens although Edo, you manage some terrific landmarks and maybe that is what will sell more now. Too bad those interesting candid people shots are often marred by phones. (Congrats on your win btw - great new topic)

17 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

AHhh! My favourite whisky. That was before I found I could not tolerate Alcohol any more.

Allan

I find that out every Friday night.;)

Sorry Allan,  couldn't resist, not to minimise your situation.

34 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

I do have a handful of useful Street snaps that involve various cameras as part of the subject: 

two-young-women-enjoying-the-water-from-

video-team-on-the-streets-of-new-york-ci

a-creative-team-shooting-a-fashion-video

All these were captured in my old hood, Little Italy.

The guy in the center shot looks a bit aggressive.

Allan

He was. But there was only 8 of them and there was one of me. He was the cameraman, a cameraman who didn't want his picture taken. The director is the young guy on the far right. He and most of the crew understood that they didn't control the neighbourhood and that I was local and part of the hood. The cameraman and that blond woman in the far centre tried to intimate me. They failed. I gave them the Ukrainian response. 

There was hardly a day in Lower Manhattan where there was not a movie or TV crew shooting; they are disrupting the normal life flow so they need to be polite. Most of them were.

Edo

• Love 1
  • Like 1

Some without mobile phones from me.

pavement-artist-working-on-picture-on-board-high-street-lincoln-2019-2BC02DR.jpg

High Street Lincoln.

elderly-man-sat-holding-carrier-bag-outside-pret-a-manger-market-street-cambridge-2019-2A6BXTF.jpg

Cambridge.

homeless-person-asleep-on-the-street-cambridge-cambridgeshire-england-F2PDH5.jpg

Cambridge

bombed-by-another-photographer-2H5KK1X.jpg

Cambridge   (Guess who is acting the goat).

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell
  • Like 1