Problem image

geogphotos

18 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

Ditch. 

Yes,  the only choice I think. 

I tried some rotating and fiddling around to just feature the arches and crop the bottom part but it is all a bit desperate. There isn't enough room to play with. 

Luckily, I have a similar taken a few steps to the left without the light pouring in from the background. 

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1

Which tool would you use to select the area of the red marble capital stone down to the supporting pillar?

I'd like to try and Select that area only and increase Contrast - is there a Dehaze or Clarity tool in the main Photoshop area ( I know that there is in ARC)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Edited by geogphotos

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

Which tool would you use to select the area of the red marble capital stone down to the supporting pillar?

I'd like to try and Select that area only and increase Contrast - is there a Dehaze or Clarity tool in the main Photoshop area ( I know that there is in ARC)

Thanks for all the suggestions.

New layer > Open in ACR.

Paint in the result.

wim

edit: and make sure you get rid of the CA. QC doesn't like CA.

Edited by wiskerke
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I would select the corner and "DEHAZE".

Allan

Good suggestion - along with all the others. Thanks people!

The sad truth is Alan that I don't know how to make a selection in ACR  

1 minute ago, Jill Morgan said:

I did a quick replacement and go this.  Just used the quick selection tool and put image of sky in behind the layer. Didn't refine anything.  Did a little dehazing on bottom right pillar.

Jill

geogsphoto.jpg

Jill

That is very impressive Jill.

I think I missed school the day they taught this! 😃

10 minutes ago, geogphotos said:

That is very impressive Jill.

I think I missed school the day they taught this! 😃

It's pretty easy.  You can do it all in PS. Just use the ACR filter to do the dehazing.  I would recommend converting your image layer to a smart object before you use the ACR filter.  That way you can go back and adjust the dehazing if you want.

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan

4 minutes ago, Jill Morgan said:

It's pretty easy.  You can do it all in PS. Just use the ACR filter to do the dehazing.  I would recommend converting your image layer to a smart object before you use the ACR filter.  That way you can go back and adjust the dehazing if you want.

Jill

I shouldn't have started this thread. LOL! 🤪

6 minutes ago, Sultanpepa said:

😂 I must have been in your class at school.

If I really knew what I was doing I wouldn't have got 72165 images out there! 

I just do the quick and easy. Not proud of it, just the truth. 

Ian, don’t feel bad. I think I know how to do about 25% of what Photoshop & LR offers. It often boggles my mind, also. Figuring out how to do some of this stuff is mainly useful when you have an image you consider an especially good one that you’d rather use instead of deleting. That doesn’t often happen for me, but I have spent a lot of time fixing a rare one I couldn’t bear to let go.

Videos can be helpful, but if I don’t write the steps down, by the time I get to the fixing, I’ve forgotten a step. I do best if someone stands over my shoulder telling me what to do. And that never happens, so I have to bungle along.
It’s rather like driving an unfamiliar route. If you have someone in the car telling you where to turn, you remember the route better than if you are the passenger, because your attention wanders here and there. At least that’s the way it works for me.

30 minutes ago, Betty LaRue said:

Ian, don’t feel bad. I think I know how to do about 25% of what Photoshop & LR offers. It often boggles my mind, also. Figuring out how to do some of this stuff is mainly useful when you have an image you consider an especially good one that you’d rather use instead of deleting. That doesn’t often happen for me, but I have spent a lot of time fixing a rare one I couldn’t bear to let go.

Videos can be helpful, but if I don’t write the steps down, by the time I get to the fixing, I’ve forgotten a step. I do best if someone stands over my shoulder telling me what to do. And that never happens, so I have to bungle along.
It’s rather like driving an unfamiliar route. If you have someone in the car telling you where to turn, you remember the route better than if you are the passenger, because your attention wanders here and there. At least that’s the way it works for me.

I know exactly what you mean Betty. I start watching those Youtube videos and then within a minute or two am totally lost or find my mind wandering to something in the background, or why they speak so fast, or have a stain on their shirt......

And then there is the other trouble that I have. Learn how to half use a tool and then overuse it!

It is very interesting to read all these different views. For me the decision is to 'DITCH IT' and get on with others...

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 3

I have a similar problem with updating the firmware on my Sony a6500. Despite all the instructions from Sony (and this could be made a lot simpler) and watching videos on the subject giving step by step instructions I failed after trying for about two hours.

So I thought SOD IT!

Allan

4 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

I have a similar problem with updating the firmware on my Sony a6500. Despite all the instructions from Sony (and this could be made a lot simpler) and watching videos on the subject giving step by step instructions I failed after trying for about two hours.

So I thought SOD IT!

Allan

You are using Chrome? Because it will not work with Firefox. Maybe not with others too, but I have not tried that. Not with a a6500 btw, but with a couple of other Sony cams.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

You are using Chrome? Because it will not work with Firefox. Maybe not with others too, but I have not tried that. Not with a a6500 btw, but with a couple of other Sony cams.

wim

Hi wim I am using safari and sony updates have always worked in the past with different camera bodies just not a6500.

Allan

1 hour ago, Allan Bell said:

Hi wim I am using safari and sony updates have always worked in the past with different camera bodies just not a6500.

Allan

No idea.

Mass storage selected under the Software Updater? (Very easy to forget.)

Or is it stalling further on?

There where it asks for restarts of your house and removal of the car batteries?

wim

Mass storage turned on.  The strange thing is when it failed to start update it must have affected the internals as it now shows the latest set of images as starting at 001 again.

Allan

Just woken up to the fact that you are talking about an a6500 update, just wondering if it is worth doing ?  

They generally only apply to lenses that I don't and don't intend to possess, but if it were something useful, like automatically turning off the contrast detect just as you half pressed the shutter, that would be good.

Edited by Bryan

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

but if it were something useful, like automatically turning off the contrast detect just as you half pressed the shutter, that would be good.

Doesn't seem to offer that, and latest firmware update is dated 16/05/2019:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-6000-series/ilce-6500/downloads/00016078

1 hour ago, Harry Harrison said:

Doesn't seem to offer that, and latest firmware update is dated 16/05/2019:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-6000-series/ilce-6500/downloads/00016078

I have the 18 - 135 lens on that camera and thought the update would be useful as it includes:

• Adds support for the SEL18135 lens
  • Improves the overall camera stability

Don't know how it would alter the use of that lens on the camera as it seems to work OK anyway. That is why I gave up.

Allan