"Meet the Alamy Content Team at The Photography Show next month"

.........and get 20% off a ticket........would that be the same 20% they've just peeled off our commission?:blink:

I've never paid for a trade ticket anyway......even stopped paying for Photokina after I started reporting on it.... so that's for the amateurs then?

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I'd rather meet the infringement team!

"Just so you’re aware our infringement team have a backlog at the moment, so you can chase this case yourself if you wish. Would you still like us to pass it over to the team?"

i replied, that no, since I guess away 20% of my earnings for this team, i do not wish to pursue it myself.  

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, meanderingemu said:

"Just so you’re aware our infringement team have a backlog at the moment, so you can chase this case yourself if you wish. Would you still like us to pass it over to the team?"

i replied, that no, since I guess away 20% of my earnings for this team, i do not wish to pursue it myself.  

I've had one of those as well.  Miffed!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

I've had one of those as well.  Miffed!

same.  so this week i've been denied access to Reportage, even though this is about 20% of my licences (fine i'll continue using Live News, even for no interest to UK based medias subject), and told go do your own infringement.    Not a good contributor experience, not sure the Alamy team wants to meet me currently. 

Just now, meanderingemu said:

same.  so this week i've been denied access to Reportage, even though this is about 20% of my licences (fine i'll continue using Live News, even for no interest to UK based medias subject), and told go do your own infringement.    Not a good contributor experience, not sure the Alamy team wants to meet me currently. 

When I was kicked out of live news I was given reportage as a concilation. couple of years ago so criteria may be different.  The way of the alamy is a confusing one...

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

When I was kicked out of live news I was given reportage as a concilation. couple of years ago so criteria may be different.  The way of the alamy is a confusing one...

i didn't get access when i was kicked off.  later i was reinstated,  so this is good.   but i have plenty of subjects where i feel self conscious using LN,  plus rushing one hour is unproductive  because they have little interest for UK based papers,  but i still want to upload them but would be worried to put many through QC.  do they will be on the feed.  

47 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

James, did you retain reportage, and archive if you were given that as well, when you regained Live News?

1 hour ago, sb photos said:

James, did you retain reportage, and archive if you were given that as well, when you regained Live News?

Hi,  yes I have all three.  I was given reportage and archive just before I was allowed back into Live News.I

• Like 2

20 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

and as expected: "We will do nothing at this time about the flagrant theft of your image from our databank (watermark included, so also theft of Alamy), and we decline to protect your rights"... you paid 20% of your overall earnings for us to go just after the low lying fruits, and in most case just turn back and say you do it. 

yep, I don't think the Alamy team wants to meet me currently. 

Edited by meanderingemu
  • Like 2

I posted this in another thread but in case that gets missed:

For clarity, there are two strands to our approach for image infringements - the proactive process and the reactive process. 

Image use infringements are a reality of our industry. Sometimes the infringement will be down to a mistake an existing customer has made and sometimes it will be a literal image theft and use, often stolen from an existing legitimate use.

In Q1 of this year, Alamy put together a dedicated team to proactively tackle this. We are working with multiple external infringement services to crawl the web and secure funds for images that have originated from Alamy but have not been paid for. After the infringement service take their cut, we split the remainder with you according to your commission model. For these usages, we are prioritising images that are marked as exclusive to Alamy. We have very positive expectations of this team and have invested in it already and will continue to build it out. The process cycle is beginning to bear fruit now and we believe this will be a great source of revenue for our contributors over the coming years as we grow the service. 

The reactive service is what we call Unauthorised Use Queries (UUQs) and this is what the UUQ form on your dashboard is used for. This currently goes to a different team within the business, usually within the sales team as quite often these will be existing Alamy customers and they need to be investigated slightly differently due to the process in which they have been identified. We currently have a backlog of these we are working through and this is where the delays currently are which is why we offer you the option to chase yourself rather than wait. Of course we're not happy about there being a waiting time like this, but it is the reality. In time, the process for these infringements will live with the newly formed proactive team and we expect the turnarounds to be much quicker. 

James A
Head of Content

- for the record I'll be there at the photography show on the Monday and Tuesday and would be happy to discuss this and answer questions from anyone who would like further clarity.
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 4

21 hours ago, meanderingemu said:

this week i've been denied access to Reportage, even though this is about 20% of my licences

If willing, kicked out of?  Reason?

Or denied first-time access?

Some of us with recent first-time access

want to know what NOT to do...

Wednesday Morning GIF by ViralHog

Edited by FocusUno

32 minutes ago, FocusUno said:

If willing, kicked out of?  Reason?

Or denied first-time access?

Some of us with recent first-time access

want to know what NOT to do...

Wednesday Morning GIF by ViralHog

denied first time told to continue submit marginal international news subject as Live News, which seems weird for Alamy when they said their rising cost was an issue. 

Probably my fault, I expected showing a record of sales of these images on the stock side would be enough of a business case, but it seems not. 

Edited by meanderingemu