Hi all,

Not sure if anyone else, has got a letter from adobe today?

Well just got a letter from adobe (third or fourth time now) this one is just informing me. All my card details, the payment method used, my name and anything else related to my order (account number, security number, sorting code, etc) they are implying it's been decrypted!

Not a happy, customer.

Seems late for adobe to be sending out more emails. Could these be scams to get you to click on a link in the email to access info? 

Mine was a snail mail letter not an email so no links to click on.

Pearl

Seems late for adobe to be sending out more emails. Could these be scams to get you to click on a link in the email to access info? 

Pearl

One forgets snail mail exists anymore  :)

I guess they are being thorough in reminding members that they had better cancel their cards and get new ones.  Better check you card history for any unauthorized purchases.

I'm not on Adobe cloud so I didn't have problems with credit card details, but I did get an email from Adobe at the weekend saying that my login and password  to their website had been stolen and advising that I change my login to any other sites where I use the same password. 

ah ditto too of course, I was forgetting about past direct purchases, although its a few years ago now. I wonder if they only keep card details for only so long, might be why I also haven't had the snail letter. 

That what I thought when I received it, my letter had some typo's. also interestingly it was addressed from the states.

Pearl

On my letter which I've just received earlier today, it asked me to visit a link, to some adobe support thing asking me to contact them. Re-reading my letter, why I'm slightly better it also implies they have taken my address.... The only thing I can't change, my name and my address... Can't wait to get more spam!

I also received a missive by snail mail on recycled paper. Adobe appear to be doing a belts and braces job here to cover their backsides. Thankfully I have not heard of any fraudulent use of the data yet. The scale of this is so massive that if the credit card data was used the police throughout the world would be onto it like a ton of bricks.

dov

I also received a missive by snail mail on recycled paper. Adobe appear to be doing a belts and braces job here to cover their backsides. Thankfully I have not heard of any fraudulent use of the data yet. The scale of this is so massive that if the credit card data was used the police throughout the world would be onto it like a ton of bricks.

dov

unfortunately, especially if the perpetrators are a tad more sophisticated than your average crook, credit card fraud can go unnoticed for a very long time. And even when noticed, much is not reported or even admitted publicly by financial institutions for fear of damaging reputations. I'd seriously not draw too much solace from the lack of reported instances of fraudulent use of CCs . . .

dd

What is the relationship between Adobe and Redbubble?

I got this email :

Adobe has recently announced they experienced a serious breach in the security of their site.

Our security team has since checked a list of millions of compromised Adobe accounts and cross referenced it with our records and we noticed that the email address you have used to register a Redbubble account was on that list of exposed Adobe accounts.

As it is common for people to re-use the same password on many different websites, we thought that many Redbubble users might be using the same details on Redbubble.

While Redbubble itself has not been compromised.......

How is Redbubble checking Adobe accounts?

I haven't had any communication from Adobe over this.

Edit:

On second thoughts I'm pretty sure it isn't from Redbubble. The links they give for changing passwords link to sites away from Redredbubble and Adobe.

I got this email :

Adobe has recently announced they experienced a serious breach in the security of their site.

Our security team has since checked a list of millions of compromised Adobe accounts and cross referenced it with our records and we noticed that the email address you have used to register a Redbubble account was on that list of exposed Adobe accounts.

As it is common for people to re-use the same password on many different websites, we thought that many Redbubble users might be using the same details on Redbubble.

Edit:

On second thoughts I'm pretty sure it isn't from Redbubble. The links they give for changing passwords link to sites away from Redredbubble and Adobe.

No, it is from Redbubble . . . the resetting password site is kosher. I've changed my passwords, nice and easy, and the changed password is now the password on the RedBubble site proper (I thought I'd just double-check after John's post :-) ). Not sure how they got access to Adobe's list though, but taking it at face value, they cross-referenced the list with e-mail addresses on their database and contacted all subscribers who scored a match.

I appreciated the heads up from RB to be honest.

dd

The Adobe breach is much more serious than just your Adobe account.

The hackers have the code for many Adobe products that are probably on your computer. Adobe Flash or Adobe Reader would be good examples. They will examine that code for security vulnerability that they can exploit in order to gain control of your computer, through the Adobe software on your computer.

This goes far beyond having an Adobe account compromised. If you get a message from Adobe asking to upgrade Flash, for instance, be very very afraid. Many of you have probably allowed the Flash upgrade default setting of "Upgrade without consulting me". That is a hackers pathway into your computer.

Adobe should be ashamed of itself.

OK the links in that email do seem to go to the right pages although they redirect from the domain redbubblemail . com which gave me the impression it was one of   those convincing looking pretend domains.

I've already changed both passwords by going direct to the sites without using those links.

I got this email :

Edit:

No, it is from Redbubble . . . the resetting password site is kosher. I've changed my passwords, nice and easy, and the changed password is now the password on the RedBubble site proper (I thought I'd just double-check after John's post :-) ). Not sure how they got access to Adobe's list though, but taking it at face value, they cross-referenced the list with e-mail addresses on their database and contacted all subscribers who scored a match.

dd

I'm taking that with face value as well, I am not a user of red bubble. are you saying that adobe is shareing clients email addresses with another company?

I'm taking that with face value as well, I am not a user of red bubble. are you saying that adobe is shareing clients email addresses with another company?

The email from RedBubble does indeed sugest that Adobe have made the list available to them:

"Our security team has since checked a list of millions of compromised Adobe accounts"

I was suspicious because this seemed odd; because I have not been notified by Adobe that my account was one of those comprimised; and because the links given in the email redirect from a domain registered by someone  in US and not in Australia as is the main RedBubble site.

If true who  else are Adobe sharing our emails with? Should we expect mails from  fineartamerica, photo.net,flickr,Alamy.Getty etc. - I'd be surprised.

This goes far beyond having an Adobe account compromised. If you get a message from Adobe asking to upgrade Flash, for instance, be very very afraid.

I just got a message like that yesterday.  I didn't click to upgrade, although I have done so in the past.  Probably safest to upgrade directly from the Adobe site.

Add Evernote (phone app) to the list of companies Adobe has shared info with. Just got an email similar to the red bubble one this morning.

Of course, once hackers get wind of this "Data Sharing" we will be receiving bogus emails by the dozen and it could get tricky spotting the "real" from the "not real". Watch out and go directly to the website in question if you have any doubts.

I got this email :

Edit:

dd

I'm not saying they did, they are. I thought that's what I wrote . . . I even wondered how they got access to Adobe's list.

dd

I got this email :

Edit:

dd

I'm not saying they did, they are. I thought that's what I wrote . . . I even wondered how they got access to Adobe's list.

dd

The list was published online so it's possible Redbubble took a copy and ran a crosscheck against it's list of email addresses to find matches. I don't think Adobe would share unless you agreed to it in the T&Cs

I got this email :

Edit:

dd

dd

The list was published online so it's possible Redbubble took a copy and ran a crosscheck against it's list of email addresses to find matches. I don't think Adobe would share unless you agreed to it in the T&Cs

in the uk there is a "data protection act" if they want to share your email address and other addresses, as in this case they have to ask you to give your consent/permission, since they are a third party company.

Archived