Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi Alamy,

On Monday 3rd of May, I made a change of IBAN account where addressing Alamy’s sale payments and the day after I saw in my account the usual monthly fund transfer has been made. As of today, I haven't received the payment in any of my two bank accounts (old and new), I would like to know where the payment has been made, if has been. I emailed twice at contributors email but haven't received any answer so far. Please, help me. 

Thanks

 

Stefano 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, stipe said:

Hi Alamy,

On Monday 3rd of May, I made a change of IBAN account where addressing Alamy’s sale payments and the day after I saw in my account the usual monthly fund transfer has been made. As of today, I haven't received the payment in any of my two bank accounts (old and new), I would like to know where the payment has been made, if has been. I emailed twice at contributors email but haven't received any answer so far. Please, help me. 

Thanks

 

Stefano 

 

Same here, Stefano.  I also changed payment method to a new IBAN account on the 3rd May. Cleared funds still not in my account.

 

Joe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Joe said:

 

Same here, Stefano.  I also changed payment method to a new IBAN account on the 3rd May. Cleared funds still not in my account.

 

Joe

 

Thank you for let me know this Joe. Emailed several times but no answer yet from Alamy. Frustrating thing I must say.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wiskerke said:

Payment has been made, says my phone.

I'm not in Spain though, nor have I changed my banking details  😁

 

wim

 

I always received Alamy's monthly payments into my bank account within 3 working days. This time I changed my bank account the day before the payment was made. I asked Alamy to let me know if the payment has been made to the old account or to the new one or, third option, they haven't made as I changed my bank account the day before and was too late to make a payment. Just guessing. An answer back from Alamy would be very welcome as I wrote them one week ago and since then just silence from Alamy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a bit late for me as well. But the 1st of the month was a Saturday and they did have a Bank Holiday this weekend.

 

wim

 

edit: this = that. I mean the first weekend of the month.

 

 

Edited by wiskerke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

As Wim says  there was a bank holiday on Mon 3rd, so excluding weekends; today is only the 5th working day.

 

If nothing arrives by the 9th working day contact Alamy and or the Bank. The forum cannot actually do anything.

 

Stay safe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Mr Standfast said:

 

As Wim says  there was a bank holiday on Mon 3rd, so excluding weekends; today is only the 5th working day.

 

If nothing arrives by the 9th working day contact Alamy and or the Bank. The forum cannot actually do anything.

 

Stay safe.

It never took that long to get the money and by the way I posted here also as Alamy is not answering back to my emails 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

My payment wasn't sent out until the 4th and because, I guess, I'm in the States, they always say it will take 9-days, but it arrived in about 3. I did not change any of my info this month, so it was smooth sailing once I realized the reasons for the delay. But yes, payment arrived later than usual this month. 

 

David - did your payment reach the minimum amount for payout? It always says the payout is the first of the following month - unless the minimum is not reached then it rolls over to the next month. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Joe said:

 

Same here, Stefano.  I also changed payment method to a new IBAN account on the 3rd May. Cleared funds still not in my account.

 

Joe

 

Were u able to contact Alamy to know what's happened with the payment?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would you be so kind to let me know any explanation for the delay if alamy is going to answer? At this point I don't know which bank account they paid me as no money popped up in any of them. My email address is spmarkovina gmail 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, stipe said:

Would you be so kind to let me know any explanation for the delay if alamy is going to answer? At this point I don't know which bank account they paid me as no money popped up in any of them. My email address is spmarkovina gmail 

 

👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stipe said:

Did you get the payment? 

 

Just checked my account; no. Email reply from Alamy: Payment initiated on 4th... can take up to 9 working days. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Joe said:

 

Just checked my account; no. Email reply from Alamy: Payment initiated on 4th... can take up to 9 working days. 

 

Same answer given to me. Something went wrong with IBAN change, I am pretty sure at this point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/05/2021 at 10:23, Joe said:

 

Just checked my account; no. Email reply from Alamy: Payment initiated on 4th... can take up to 9 working days. 

 

Hi Joe,

any news? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 15/05/2021 at 10:29, Joe said:

 

Still waiting. I'll contact Alamy on Monday if it doesn't appear over the weekend.

 

HI,

yesterday they replied by saying payment was made to the new bank account though money never arrived. I asked Alamy for a proof of payment in order I can ask my bank for an explanation but since yesterday I haven't received it yet. What about you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, stipe said:

 

HI,

yesterday they replied by saying payment was made to the new bank account though money never arrived. I asked Alamy for a proof of payment in order I can ask my bank for an explanation but since yesterday I haven't received it yet. What about you?

 

Still no sign of payment here. I contacted Alamy on Monday. They said they would pass it on to the finance team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/05/2021 at 15:23, Colblimp said:

I only received my payment this afternoon - it was very late this month, not acceptable.

 

I still haven't been paid for May, despite the cleared funds being adequate and my dashboard previously stating I would be paid in May. That's now changed to "we'll pay you on 01 June 2021". Fabulous. 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.