I’ve also had this email this morning and sent them back a shirty reply asking why they couldn’t ask for this information sooner as they had my application over 6 weeks ago. I’m shooting all this week and Monday next week till late evening, this is just a last minute pain

I'm pretty sure there was no facility to send them a sales file when making the claim - either that or I missed it.

Anyway, I got the same letter and simply did the following: Download a .csv file from Net Revenue under Sales Information in your My Alamy. Select the time period and send them that file saved as .xls.

Rgds,

Richard. 

I received an email yesterday on this subject. I completed a claim online way back last August and sent a hard copy of an Alamy sales report by post. It would appear that, unfortunately, the two didn't meet! I've copied off the sales report and attached it to an email reply. Took just a few minutes and job done. 

Being a claimant in previous years' all that was required in my case was a report for 2012 as 'add-ons' to previous claims. I guess if you are a first time claimant then you have to go from square one but once done you don't need to go through it all again.

Jim.

I'm pretty sure there was no facility to send them a sales file when making the claim - either that or I missed it.

Anyway, I got the same letter and simply did the following: Download a .csv file from Net Revenue under Sales Information in your My Alamy. Select the time period and send them that file saved as .xls.

Rgds,

Richard. 

Richard, is this from the "Net Revenue" section?  

I received an email yesterday on this subject. I completed a claim online way back last August and sent a hard copy of an Alamy sales report by post. It would appear that, unfortunately, the two didn't meet! I've copied off the sales report and attached it to an email reply. Took just a few minutes and job done. 

Being a claimant in previous years' all that was required in my case was a report for 2012 as 'add-ons' to previous claims. I guess if you are a first time claimant then you have to go from square one but once done you don't need to go through it all again.

Jim.

I am not first time claimant.  So do I only send them 2012?  How did you generate the "Alamy sales report"?

I just emailed them a csv file (from net revenue) but I edited out non-UK licenses. They haven't complained (yet). I got a return email next day thanking me for the info.

NB When you download the data it contains licensing info which is not displayed on the web page.

Tarsierspectral,

I went to Sales Information and accessed Summary of Items Sold and printed it off. I then scanned the pages for 2012 and filed them and then attach the files to email for DACS.

This may appear rather long winded but its my way round it. I'm afraid my expertise is not as great as some with PC work!!

Jim.

Jools Elliott, on 05 Nov 2013 - 11:44, said:

broad Norfolk. To help save you some time in printing and then scanning. You could try downloading a PDF printer like Cute PDF. It enables you to print directly to a PDF file instead of the long winded way.

Jools,

Thanks for the info. Even at my age I'm still learning!

Jim.

tarsierspectral, on 05 Nov 2013 - 11:47, said:

If I am not first time claimant, do I only send them 2012? Do I need to edit out non-UK licenses?

I left the report as is but before I scanned the file I indicated the items which I was claiming for - perhaps this is why I arrived at my long winded way of doing things!

Jim.

I find this very confusing.  I have been claiming from DACS for several years and have never been asked for this sort of info.  In fact they wouldn't know I had anything to do with Alamy so presumably you guys have told them previously.

Pearl

I find this very confusing.  I have been claiming from DACS for several years and have never been asked for this sort of info.  In fact they wouldn't know I had anything to do with Alamy so presumably you guys have told them previously.

Pearl

It's an option if you can't quote three books and three magazines. I found three book uses simply by searching on Amazon. but I did not have information for exact magazine uses. It was suggested by Alamy in the blog a couple of years back.

Pearl

It's an option if you can't quote three books and three magazines. I found three book uses simply by searching on Amazon. but I did not have information for exact magazine uses. It was suggested by Alamy in the blog a couple of years back.

Thank you John.  That makes sense then as I have been able to quote new ones each time.

Not sure why I got a red for my comment, it was hardly offensive or criticising anyone.

Pearl

Hi Pearl

I also got the email even though I have claimed before ?? sent them an email of sales report and they said that was OK they have never asked before why now? other agencies give even less info than Alamy so how do they get on with that info. 

I think you need a form to tell you how to fill out the DACS form.

Regards

Jon

Last year was the first year I claimed and I was on the minimum level for both books and magazines, and wasn't asked to submit an Alamy sales report, although I was able to provide one ISBN number.

This year I have moved into the next category up for both books and mags, and was asked for the report. Maybe it is just linked to how many you are claiming for?

I suppose that unless you supply proof of your claim they would be in the position of just taking the claimants word for the size of the claim - on that basis their request seems entirely reasonable.

Archived