DxO Perspective for MacOSX is free until Nov 3

This is too good a deal for any Alamy travel and architecture shooter to miss - just had a press release from DxO announcing that this software app is free until November 3rd, admittedly the normal price is only $19.99

https://itunes.apple.com/app/dxo-perspective/id715455365

David

Just been testing it on a seriously distorted shot of my living room wall from where I'm sitting. Lined up four dots on a picture (frame). Five seconds later I had what appeared to be a straight-on view of the wall from a completely different viewpoint.

large.png

The shot (actually just a test when checking noise reduction in low light). You can see where I have dragged the points to.

large.png

And this is what the program does - enlarging the file so the final result is the same pixel count, and might well need reducing.

large.png

After previewing then asking it to process, and before Save As. The preview and interactive controls are quick even on my old MacBook Pro.

large.jpg

Considering the original snap from sitting down this is peculiarly accurate, even the edge of the wall a long way from the original index points looks vertical.

Can't wait to try this. I sure have my share of leaning skyscrapers!

So will this mean no need to buy a PC lens for architecture?

Thanks for posting David!

L

UPDATE!  I just used it and it's quick and amazing!
Now I only have 10,000 more images to fix. :-)

Okay, I've downloaded it and tried it. But does this mean that everything in the world will now be lined up perfectly? I'm not sure I want to live in a world like that.  :(

It does look like a nifty program, but I'm with you. There is something to be said for for a tilting world.

This morning I found that the program has disappeared from my iMac, only the alias was left. Hum, I must have done this unintentionally . . . but coming so soon after Halloween, it's spooky.  I still have the perspective tool on LR5 . . . but I guess I'll download it again. 

This morning I found that the program has disappeared from my iMac, only the alias was left. Hum, I must have done this unintentionally . . . but coming so soon after Halloween, it's spooky.  I still have the perspective tool on LR5 . . . but I guess I'll download it again. 

Sounds like it could be DxO's version of "trick or treat."

Sadly doesn't apply to PC XP system either.

Allan

EDIT; Still when I get my iMac I will be able to buy it.

I find that PTLens does a good job (better than PS) correcting verticals, etc. It comes in both Mac and PC versions. It's a real deal at $25.

John thanks for reminding me. I have that software already installed and not used it for a while. It was bought to remove CA from Olympus images. That camera did not stay long.

Allan

Okay, I've downloaded it and tried it. But does this mean that everything in the world will now be lined up perfectly? I'm not sure I want to live in a world like that.  :(

You mean like this?

DF8FP8.jpg

I am glad that I  read this thread, as I have just been onto the DXO site and downloaded the windows version of DXO viewpoint ( Free trial version)  to see how it compares with the perspective control that I have in PS CC.... and I must say my first impressions are it looks good, I will have a good look at the results at 100 % over  the weekend before I make my mind up completely.

Archived