Hello everyone,

I am sometimes aksing myself if my way of keywording is efficent. Off course i read the Alamy guidelines etc.. But in practice it can be sometimes different.

I can give the following image as example with keywords. Do you think it is good enough keyworded? Thanks allready for you help and time.

DFWG3J.jpg

Caption:

Hotel and walking people at a roundabout in Karpacz, Poland

Essential keywords:

hotel building roundabout street people

Main Keywords:

restaurant road town persons walking trees forest "mountain town" green sunny bright

Comprehensive keywords:

blue sky Karpacz Poland Polish clouds

Hi Mirco,

Put all the comprehensive keywords into Main, Poland into essential and get rid of the tarmac!

I would personally leave the tarmac in, it gives the picture buyer the option to place text over the tarmac or crop it out.

Regards

Craig

I know what you mean Craig - but that dirty tarmac is not where I'd put text ;-) It simply takes all the impact out of the shot.

I'd have gone tight into the flowers on the "roundabout" with a wide angle lens and left plenty of sky for text if I'd wanted a place for text.

I know what you mean Craig - but that dirty tarmac is not where I'd put text ;-) It simply takes all the impact out of the shot.

I'd have gone tight into the flowers on the "roundabout" with a wide angle lens and left plenty of sky for text if I'd wanted a place for text.

I sort of agree.  It's a nice sky whereas the tarmac isn't so I would have raised the camera angle to include more sky and cut out the road.  However that's not what this thread is about.  

I would definitely put town and country in Essential

In Main I would add - street scene, road junction, town/village, center and centre (if appropriate)

Typing this I have just found that we seem to have an English spellchecker rather than American. Anyone else found this?

Pearl

I was kind of thinking about the layout of the image below which is text over tarmac. The outcome is that Mirco's image has a few different viewpoints that give food for thought. Sorry to go off topic Pearl.

new+spread+xx.jpg

Regards

Craig

Just a thought, if you have the words street people in your essential keywords in that order, won't the image be found by people searching for another kind of "street people" i.e., homeless people?

Is this not the case when you put it like "street people" instead of just street people?

Just a thought, if you have the words street people in your essential keywords in that order, won't the image be found by people searching for another kind of "street people" i.e., homeless people?

Is this not the case when you put it like "street people" instead of just street people?

Yes . . .  no  . . . I think :) . . . what I mean is, if you have the word STREET and the word PEOPLE in any order, a search for       street people    will find that image. If however the search is for         "street people"     (that is, containing the words within     "  . . . "   )   then the search will only find images with the words STREET and PEOPLE together in that exact order.

dd

As luck would have it, I just had three of my images viewed from a search for vancouver street people.   None of the images were of "street people" just of people in Vancouver attending a street festival.  And I didn't have street people together in the keywords.   So you are right dusty, the order of the keywords doesn't seem to matter.  It's too bad we can't group keywords.

. If however the search is for         "street people"     (that is, containing the words within     "  . . . "   )   then the search will only find images with the words STREET and PEOPLE together in that exact order.

dd

No. The quotes function hasn't been enabled. They will figure higher in searches if the words are together, that's all.

Hi Mirco - sorry, have only just seen this so my comments may be too late and already made but for interest I would keyword this as follows:

Caption: Street scene, Karpacz town centre, Poland Europe

Esskeys: karpacz poland street scene town centre center

Main: (name of hotel) hotel polish towns road view europe european blue sky sun sunshine sunny day people

Hope this is helpful!

Kumar

Hi Mirco - sorry, have only just seen this so my comments may be too late and already made but for interest I would keyword this as follows:

Caption: Street scene, Karpacz town centre, Poland Europe

Esskeys: karpacz poland street scene town centre center

Main: (name of hotel) hotel polish towns road view europe european blue sky sun sunshine sunny day people

Hope this is helpful!

Kumar

Hello Kumar,

Thanks for your input! This give me something to think about.

Mirco

DD said: "Yes . . .  no  . . . I think :) . . . what I mean is, if you have the word STREET and the word PEOPLE in any order, a search for       street people    will find that image. If however the search is for         "street people"     (that is, containing the words within     "  . . . "   )   then the search will only find images with the words STREET and PEOPLE together in that exact order."

Spacecadet replied: "No. The quotes function hasn't been enabled. They will figure higher in searches if the words are together, that's all."

I don't think you read what I said accurately . . . the quote function IN SEARCH certainly does work, and demonstrably so.

Try it.

It is not simply a matter of "figure(ing) higher in searches"--using quotes WHEN SEARCHING totally changes the results, as I stated above.

dd

In general i think you need to be a lot more specific in your captions......give more details of the locations shown, in this case the name of the hotel....

To pick up from Kumar...

Caption: Street scene, summer/autumn/spring afternoon, exterior, The BlahBlah (luxury/5 star/budget) Hotel, Karpacz town centre, Poland Europe

km

Archived