Very very small sale

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I cannot understand the point in Alamy selling a photo license (in today) for pennies and then having 50% of those pennies.

Worldwide editorial usage.

Because, for Alamy, many a mickle makes a muckle.

Although I doubt very much if they get a muckle of mickles.

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

At least mickles improve your rank......it's chuff-all-ickles for me just now.

Not if it's novel use.

At least NU didn't count in the past, maybe it's different now. Let's hope it's different now.

(4 for me as well.)

wim

edit: No novel use these ones as far as I can see.

Edited by wiskerke

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

Not if it's novel use.

At least NU didn't count in the past, maybe it's different now. Let's hope it's different now.

(4 for me as well.)

wim

edit: No novel use these ones as far as I can see.

Mine has: NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

Found one of mine on the Culture Trip site. Lots and lots of Alamy images.

At least they are using Alamy rather than a competitor - Alamy offers more in depth and variety I should think.

I0000fTxcRZ5pk0Q.jpg

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Same here. On November 18th

"Country: Worldwide
Usage: Academic faculty pack,  Pack of unwatermarked, copyright safe high resolution images for use in non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Media: Non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Industry sector: Education
Print run: Unlimited
Image Size: Any size"

Amount - 1$

:-(

4 hours ago, Marcin Sadurski said:

Same here. On November 18th

"Country: Worldwide
Usage: Academic faculty pack,  Pack of unwatermarked, copyright safe high resolution images for use in non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Media: Non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Industry sector: Education
Print run: Unlimited
Image Size: Any size"

Amount - 1$

😞

I realise it might be different in your country, but I come from a country where any of these listed uses would be Fair Use, so you just have to be happy that they were paid for.

3 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I realise it might be different in your country, but I come from a country where any of these listed uses would be Fair Use, so you just have to be happy that they were paid for.

Does Scotland have its own rules on copyright?

As far as I am aware the educational uses listed above require a licence. If an educational institution is preparing a pack of materials including images for their teachers and students to use then they need to purchase a licence to make them 'copyright safe' particularly for worldwide distribution ( because, as you say, rules vary from country to country).

The fee is totally derisory for such a use.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Love 1
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

Does Scotland have its own rules on copyright?

As far as I am aware the educational uses listed above require a licence. If an educational institution is preparing a pack of materials including images for their teachers and students to use then they need to purchase a licence to make them 'copyright safe' particularly for worldwide distribution ( because, as you say, rules vary from country to country).

The fee is totally derisory for such a use.

Yes, indeed, I hadn't thought of that possibility, which looks like it would be covered by that licence. I was thinking only of within on institution, which is Fair Use (in the UK).

I guess we just have to imagine that, as this isn't a standard licence, the uses were discussed by Alamy before purchase. Well, I'd like to imagine that, but ...