Jump to content

Very very small sale


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Ace said:

I cannot understand the point in Alamy selling a photo license (in today) for pennies and then having 50% of those pennies.

Worldwide editorial usage.

Because, for Alamy, many a mickle makes a muckle.

Although I doubt very much if they get a muckle of mickles.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, spacecadet said:

At least mickles improve your rank......it's chuff-all-ickles for me just now.

 

Not if it's novel use.

At least NU didn't count in the past, maybe it's different now. Let's hope it's different now.

(4 for me as well.)

 

wim

 

edit: No novel use these ones as far as I can see.

Edited by wiskerke
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

 

Not if it's novel use.

At least NU didn't count in the past, maybe it's different now. Let's hope it's different now.

(4 for me as well.)

 

wim

 

edit: No novel use these ones as far as I can see.

Mine has: NU Editorial website and app multiple use, in perpetuity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found one of mine on the Culture Trip site. Lots and lots of Alamy images.

 

At least they are using Alamy rather than a competitor - Alamy offers more in depth and variety I should think.

 

 

I0000fTxcRZ5pk0Q.jpg

Edited by geogphotos
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Same here. On November 18th

 

"Country: Worldwide
Usage: Academic faculty pack,  Pack of unwatermarked, copyright safe high resolution images for use in non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Media: Non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Industry sector: Education
Print run: Unlimited
Image Size: Any size"

 

Amount - 1$

 

:-(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Marcin Sadurski said:

Same here. On November 18th

 

"Country: Worldwide
Usage: Academic faculty pack,  Pack of unwatermarked, copyright safe high resolution images for use in non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Media: Non-commercial projects such as teaching materials, essays, dissertations, theses and presentations
Industry sector: Education
Print run: Unlimited
Image Size: Any size"

 

Amount - 1$

 

😞

I realise it might be different in your country, but I come from a country where any of these listed uses would be Fair Use, so you just have to be happy that they were paid for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I realise it might be different in your country, but I come from a country where any of these listed uses would be Fair Use, so you just have to be happy that they were paid for.

 

Does Scotland have its own rules on copyright?

 

As far as I am aware the educational uses listed above require a licence. If an educational institution is preparing a pack of materials including images for their teachers and students to use then they need to purchase a licence to make them 'copyright safe' particularly for worldwide distribution ( because, as you say, rules vary from country to country).

 

The fee is totally derisory for such a use.

Edited by geogphotos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, geogphotos said:

 

Does Scotland have its own rules on copyright?

 

As far as I am aware the educational uses listed above require a licence. If an educational institution is preparing a pack of materials including images for their teachers and students to use then they need to purchase a licence to make them 'copyright safe' particularly for worldwide distribution ( because, as you say, rules vary from country to country).

 

The fee is totally derisory for such a use.

Yes, indeed, I hadn't thought of that possibility, which looks like it would be covered by that licence. I was thinking only of within on institution, which is Fair Use (in the UK).

I guess we just have to imagine that, as this isn't a standard licence, the uses were discussed by Alamy before purchase. Well, I'd like to imagine that, but ...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.