Two Non-Photo Tips

4 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Must remember to change the clocks on my camera as I didn't do it yet - ooops.

Worth it for a news man. Mine stay where they were when I replaced the camera. Which always seems to be November. Perhaps the cold gets to them. Or me.

Edited by spacecadet
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Colblimp said:

Must remember to change the clocks on my camera as I didn't do it yet - ooops.

That prompted me, was busy and forgot yesterday, nothing time critical shot. Have cameras by me now.

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 09:57, M.Chapman said:

tip 4. Don't forget to check your camera's clock too

Mark

I always leave my cameras set on GMT wherever I am in the world so that I have a constant chronological timestamp. Anyone else do the same?

1 hour ago, Russell said:

I always leave my cameras set on GMT wherever I am in the world so that I have a constant chronological timestamp. Anyone else do the same?

Ditto.

Allan

1 hour ago, Russell said:

As it happens, yes, because  I seem to acquire cameras in November- see above.

The last time (and the first, as it happens) there were any "middle-of-the-night" pix was in Shanghai. Next one will be NZ in December.

Edited by spacecadet

18 hours ago, Ed Rooney said:

It's probably due to a blueberry deficiency. 

Could well be. They supposedly do have brain-boosting properties. In the summer, Vancouver is usually knee-deep in local blueberries. At this time of year, though, we get a lot from South America. Ones from Peru are often the best IME. They all have big carbon footprints and heaven knows what kinds of pesticides they've been sprayed with. However, they taste pretty good. Oatmeal just isn't the same without blueberries. My sympathies. 🤧

8 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Could well be. They supposedly do have brain-boosting properties. In the summer, Vancouver is usually knee-deep in local blueberries. At this time of year, though, we get a lot from South America. Ones from Peru are often the best IME. They all have big carbon footprints and heaven knows what kinds of pesticides they've been sprayed with. However, they taste pretty good. Oatmeal just isn't the same without blueberries. My sympathies. 🤧

For goodness' sake, at least comb your hair when you post a selfie!

On 26/10/2019 at 11:56, meanderingemu said:

tip 3.  If in north america ignore tip one for 7 days

I wish I had read this far before going to bed.

It's really weird being an hour out from everyone else.  Oh well.