Just started to caption 1 of a batch of 4 images which had cleared QC and noticed a very large and obvious dust bunny on a sky part of the image. Not sure how i missed it when submitting and glad alamy did 😉. Delete correct and re submit.

Any body else had narrow escapes.

I accidentally uploaded an image of some friends with their Belgian horses competing in a horse pull.  The image at 100% was out of focus. Instead of putting it in my personal file I put it in my Alamy file and accidentally uploaded it.  I noticed right away, but it was too late.  I emailed Alamy and let them know about the mistake but they told me I would just have to wait for QC results.

It didn't fail so I immediately deleted the image.  Sometimes I wonder if Alamy intentionally let it pass to see if I would delete the image or  let it go through.  They probably didn't, but I do wonder sometimes.

Jill

Edited by Jill Morgan

On 23/09/2019 at 22:29, aphperspective said:

Just started to caption 1 of a batch of 4 images which had cleared QC and noticed a very large and obvious dust bunny on a sky part of the image. Not sure how i missed it when submitting and glad alamy did 😉. Delete correct and re submit.

Any body else had narrow escapes.

Ha ! I had a whole set that were watermarked, and they all passed 😀

I didn't notice at first, and tagged them all - but Alamy thankfully deleted them once I realised what had happened !

I often use a high contrast coloured filter to check for dust in skies. On one occasion I inadvertently left it in place, resulting in weird colours and probably excessive  noise. It was amongst those that escaped the rigours of QC but was deleted as soon as I realised the error.

When I first started this game I was relatively new to digital photography and made some awful mistakes that QC did pick up, but in those days I don't recall any punitive sanctions and I learned a great deal from the process. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bryan said:

When I first started this game I was relatively new to digital photography and made some awful mistakes that QC did pick up, but in those days I don't recall any punitive sanctions and I learned a great deal from the process.

Same here. I darn't tell you the number of fails I had in the first few weeks/months and escaped clink.

But when the first "Send to the bin, do not pass go" came it hit hard.

Allan

I had my first QC failure the other day. They said my photo was "Soft or lacking definition". It was an old sign on the fence of a park gate. The only thing that could be considered "soft" was the black lettering on the sign, but that was how it is in real life, as it's old and a bit faded--everything else was nice and sharp! I feel like maybe whoever looked at this is new and inexperienced! Since measures were also down for a while I'm wondering if someone is home sick and someone else just stepped in to cover! At least I'm glad they told me which photo it was so I just re-submitted the batch leaving that one photo out.

QC is fallible? Of course! 

The big lesson I learned from the copy-editing retirement job I had was that everyone makes mistakes. The last image fail I had was of a woman playing with her dog. It was sharp but the animal's fur looked "soft or lacking definition." Paulette, who shoots a lot of furry creatures knows that problem. The lesson with a QC fail is often to just move on. I would never argue with them. Like all of us, they do the best they can. 

Edo

• Like 2

I had one image of old headstone against snow rejected for "noise". In my opinion there was no noise, but the weathered, couple of hundred years old tombstone looks very grainy - no matter what the lighting or ISO. 

Anyway, it is only one photo, no reason to argue about it. And I do think Alamy has every right to choose what ever they wish to sell. 

• Like 1