Don't sell for personal use

6 hours ago, Allan Bell said:

Converts to DNG and apparently, according to others experiences, something is lost in the conversion. Can't remember what but I did not go that route for that reason.

Allan

Interesting - Sony doesn't seem to mention DNG in their description of their software.  RAW, TIFF and JPG

https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/app/imagingedge/en/instruction/1_1_features.php

14 hours ago, Phil said:

Interesting - Sony doesn't seem to mention DNG in their description of their software.  RAW, TIFF and JPG

https://support.d-imaging.sony.co.jp/app/imagingedge/en/instruction/1_1_features.php

Maybe I am getting confused with another thread. It's age related don't ya know?🙄

Allan

It's interesting to me that so many contributors are angry and upset about PU sales. Mostly. I'm happy with mine. I don't concern myself with price or the details of any sale. I see that as Alamy's function. I produce images. 

So far, as we enter October 2019, I have five sales for the month. Four of those are PU for the stated amount of $19.99 each. So that's a total of $79.96 for the four. Why should I be unhappy about that? 

Edo

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

It's interesting to me that so many contributors are angry and upset about PU sales. Mostly. I'm happy with mine. I don't concern myself with price or the details of any sale. I see that as Alamy's function. I produce images. 

So far, as we enter October 2019, I have five sales for the month. Four of those are PU for the stated amount of $19.99 each. So that's a total of $79.96 for the four. Why should I be unhappy about that? 

Edo

That is my attitude. If anything I would like to see Alamy adverts in, for example, consumer magazines to attract new customers and build a new market. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ed Rooney said:

Edo

Please dont think I am slating you on your sales ED but unfortunately after Alamy have taken their 60% commission that leaves $7.99 each £6.48 English pounds, in that their is a lot to be unhappy with.

Most people quote sale prices however it's our share of the full sales price that makes the sale look unappealing.

Keep up the good work.

Andy

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Andy G said:

Please dont think I am slating you on your sales ED but unfortunately after Alamy have taken their 60% commission that leaves $7.99 each £6.48 English pounds, in that their is a lot to be unhappy with.

That applies to all sales, either 60/40 or 50/50, so not really an issue. PU still returns a higher figure than a number of other licenses.

I'm with Edo and Ian--in fact, if anyone is unhappy with the amounts they are getting for PU, they can send the payment my way. I assure you I'll spend it wisely and well.

DD

I can understand the people who have no problem with the PU sales as really, you can think of it as "free money."  But in my case I invest significant money to make my aerial photos and even then, I would gladly endorse personal sales, but please not an 8000 pixel wide image.