Account frozen.... what?

So I've got 181 images uploaded, every single one passed QC, I had 3 star rating.... in the last batch of some older photos I've had, which I thought may be of interest, one was rejected, which caused all of them to be rejected, my QC star rating to drop to 1, and my account frozen for upload. What the heck? Is that really necessary? Just reject the photo and move on. I can understand if this happens after numerous rejected photos, but one crappy batch?? C'mon...

By the way, I've made a sale last month, and haven't gotten paid for it yet. How long does it take for alamy to pay out?

Your story is a common one and has been often discussed. Your initial comment highlights a common misconception by new contributors, not all of your 181 images has passed QC - only a small proportion of any submission are inspected by QC, and on the basis of that inspection Alamy assumes you have submitted acceptable images across the entire batch. If one fails it brings the entire batch and your processing workflow  into question and you are given the opportunity to look at your work again before resubmitting, hence the freezing of uploading privileges. Have a look at this thread for a longer discussion on the matter.

Your sale will take some weeks to clear. When the client pays Alamy, they will mark your sale as cleared. Once you have accrued $50 of cleared sales you will get paid at the end of the month.  In some cases it can take months for a sale to clear but six weeks is about typical.

It happened to me this morning too.

Sending photo packages for years without problems, always all accepted and with three stars.

Yesterday I sent 2-3 photos, which I thought interesting, and after the rejection email my account was blocked for 10 days downgrading my status to a star.

This attitude is very serious about Alamy, I am very disappointed and embittered.

14 hours ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Your story is a common one and has been often discussed. Your initial comment highlights a common misconception by new contributors, not all of your 181 images has passed QC - only a small proportion of any submission are inspected by QC, and on the basis of that inspection Alamy assumes you have submitted acceptable images across the entire batch. If one fails it brings the entire batch and your processing workflow  into question and you are given the opportunity to look at your work again before resubmitting, hence the freezing of uploading privileges. Have a look at this thread for a longer discussion on the matter.

Your sale will take some weeks to clear. When the client pays Alamy, they will mark your sale as cleared. Once you have accrued $50 of cleared sales you will get paid at the end of the month.  In some cases it can take months for a sale to clear but six weeks is about typical.

Hello,

Sorry, but your link just links back to this thread.

16 hours ago, rgfoto said:

So I've got 181 images uploaded, every single one passed QC, I had 3 star rating.... in the last batch of some older photos I've had, which I thought may be of interest, one was rejected, which caused all of them to be rejected, my QC star rating to drop to 1, and my account frozen for upload. What the heck? Is that really necessary? Just reject the photo and move on. I can understand if this happens after numerous rejected photos, but one crappy batch?? C'mon...

By the way, I've made a sale last month, and haven't gotten paid for it yet. How long does it take for alamy to pay out?

If you stick around, you'll get used to Alamy's requirements. They're not particularly stringent, and most people here upload batch after batch without any problem. You just have to make sure that every image meets their standards...

2 hours ago, Antonio Gravante said:

It happened to me this morning too.

Sending photo packages for years without problems, always all accepted and with three stars.

Yesterday I sent 2-3 photos, which I thought interesting, and after the rejection email my account was blocked for 10 days downgrading my status to a star.

This attitude is very serious about Alamy, I am very disappointed and embittered.

Sadly, whether pictures are interesting or not is of no relevance to Alamy QC - they are only looking at the technical quality. Better luck next time!

Alex

Its the photographer's responsibility to make sure that every photo meets the required standards, not Alamy's. QC is the same in every industry, they check a percentage of the product or data and if they find a fault then the batch is rejected. This is why its called Quality Control and not Batch Inspection. 

1 minute ago, Joseph Clemson said:

Though Stockimo only works with Apple iPhone.

You can only use the app on an iPhone or an iPad. The images may come from a different phone or a tablet.

It is a pity there isn't an Android app. Initially announced, it was later dropped because people had so many different phones.

wim

1 minute ago, wiskerke said:

You can only use the app on an iPhone or an iPad. The images may come from a different phone or a tablet.

It is a pity there isn't an Android app. Initially announced, it was later dropped because people had so many different phones.

wim

I didn't know that. I was under the impression that using an iPhone to upload an image from another type of phone was frowned upon. Of course, it would probably help too if we were allowed to discuss Stockimo....

1 minute ago, Joseph Clemson said:

I didn't know that. I was under the impression that using an iPhone to upload an image from another type of phone was frowned upon. Of course, it would probably help too if we were allowed to discuss Stockimo....

There has been a warning about sending dslr images using the S-App.

Can't find that anymore: link doesn't work.

Maybe it was the wrong link anyway.

wim

6 hours ago, Antonio Gravante said:

I received the response from the assistance. The problem is that I uploaded photos made with mobile phone.

Ohh well that's the problem then. I've also uploaded some photos from a mobile phone that I thought were interesting. I guess mobile phone photos are a nono with alamy. Would have been nice if there a notice about that somewhere... or maybe there is and I missed it. Regardless, I'm also a bit bitter about this. A simply warning and rejection would have sufficed. If there is batch after batch of bad images, I can understand a ban for 10 days as a bit of a rattle but.. a bit harsh imo.

5 minutes ago, rgfoto said:

Ohh well that's the problem then. I've also uploaded some photos from a mobile phone that I thought were interesting. I guess mobile phone photos are a nono with alamy. Would have been nice if there a notice about that somewhere... or maybe there is and I missed it. Regardless, I'm also a bit bitter about this. A simply warning and rejection would have sufficed. If there is batch after batch of bad images, I can understand a ban for 10 days as a bit of a rattle but.. a bit harsh imo.

https://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/?section=3

2 hours ago, rgfoto said:

Would have been nice if there a notice about that somewhere... 

It's very clearly stated in the submission guidelines for those who can be bothered to read them.

It has also been discussed at length on the forum. 

It does pay off to do your homework you know instead of being bitter and accusing Alamy.

9 hours ago, gvallee said:

It's very clearly stated in the submission guidelines for those who can be bothered to read them.

It has also been discussed at length on the forum. 

It does pay off to do your homework you know instead of being bitter and accusing Alamy.

I'm sure I've read it 2 years ago when signing up, though it slipped my mind.

Accuse Alamy of what, exactly?

• 1 month later...
On ‎21‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 20:05, rgfoto said:

A simply warning and rejection would have sufficed. If there is batch after batch of bad images, I can understand a ban for 10 days as a bit of a rattle but.. a bit harsh imo.

Pretend that you are a professional and do not upload duff images, if the duff images reach clients it affects the reputation of Alamy and all of us photographers. I remember when the ban was 30 days. 

Archived