3000 images milestone :)

Mirco Vacca

Well done Mirco that must be a nice feeling... I stopped uploading to micro in about feb I think, and started to upload to Alamy ( although I did my first 4 images in the beginning of 2012) and started shooting new stuff have just about reached a 1000 images on Alamy...I am pleased with my 1000 so 3000 must be a really good feeling..

good luck with sales....

"Nobody made an omelette without breaking a few eggs" - I think you did more than this quote. I use that quote because if I was to try and build up 3000 images in the time you have, I'd need to take a month off work, go recluse, travel across the UK a few times, and most importantly unlock the imagination part of my brain, it's been sleeping a while you see. 

Good job.

Thank you all! :).

Paul ... i think it is beacuse i just moved to Poland 8 months ago and am still in the excitement mode :). I still have to see more places so still some way to go. I see that you have also growing portfolio with good lifestyle images. We all can make Alamy bigger :).

Paul ... i think it is beacuse i just moved to Poland 8 months ago and am still in the excitement mode :). I still have to see more places so still some way to go. I see that you have also growing portfolio with good lifestyle images. We all can make Alamy bigger :).

I've added about 750 images to Alamy in the last 3-4 months. I've given my process a little re-think and feel that just snapping anything wasn't working for me. Not many of my images tell many stories, and I think this is where the key to alamy sales lies. 

Thanks Steve :). I wish you good luck!

I've added about 750 images to Alamy in the last 3-4 months. I've given my process a little re-think and feel that just snapping anything wasn't working for me. Not many of my images tell many stories, and I think this is where the key to alamy sales lies. 

Paul you are also not so long on Alamy.

I experienced for expample (dont ask me why) that on some microstock sites my sales started to come after few months. I had there 1000 images online from the beginning. First month nothing, second nothing and suddenly the start to come and then i had some good addition from them. By the way i would nor recommend to start with microstock in my oppinion. The commision are starting to get very low. I had the last days 20 sales for each around 0,22 dollars. I am giving my time now to Alamy since i dont have time to send to multiple agencies. I will see what future tells me.

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on reaching this impressive milestone, Mirco (mag geloof ik ook in het Nederlands? :D

I have been uploading lots of my archival wildlife images these last couple of months and purposely making as many different sort of compositions and crops as possible, so I've been adding a whopping 5000 images these last four months, lots of mammals, birds and rare butterflies & insects as well, trying to cover as many species as possible (now about 250).

Luckily my QC-rating is such that some weeks I've been able to add 500+ new images to my portfolio. Reaching the first 1000 took a couple of months

Of course rare species will probably only generate few queries as well, so I'm focusing on several key-species that I have tons of high-quality material like foxes, buzzards, storks, godwits etc, but there the competition is of course tougher... impressed by some of the excellent stuff available here on Alamy!

Keep up the good work everyone!

He Ger,

Nice to read from Dutch people :). Great Dutch nature images.

I have actually still many images to be keyworded. Poland has many subjects :). Also the city Poznan where i live organise many events. A lot to shoot :). I dont mind how many images i upload. As long they are from different subjects and not snapshots. We all can make Alamy better so that we all profit from it.

Congrats on reaching this impressive milestone, Mirco (mag geloof ik ook in het Nederlands? :D

I have been uploading lots of my archival wildlife images these last couple of months and purposely making as many different sort of compositions and crops as possible, so I've been adding a whopping 5000 images these last four months, lots of mammals, birds and rare butterflies & insects as well, trying to cover as many species as possible (now about 250).

Luckily my QC-rating is such that some weeks I've been able to add 500+ new images to my portfolio. Reaching the first 1000 took a couple of months

Of course rare species will probably only generate few queries as well, so I'm focusing on several key-species that I have tons of high-quality material like foxes, buzzards, storks, godwits etc, but there the competition is of course tougher... impressed by some of the excellent stuff available here on Alamy!

Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm a bit concerned about this idea that massive numbers of images are going to generate sales. I usually hesitate to criticize the work of other contributors since I am not any kind of expert but I hope I can add something helpful. I'm sure you've heard it before that similars can hurt your ranking. As an example, you have about 40 images of a European Grey Heron. There are only about five of them that I, personally, would have uploaded. I think you know which ones are best because you have taken the time and trouble to crop and work on some. My opinion for what it is worth is that you will do better if you only upload the images you are really proud of. I haven't always done that myself but I am moving more and more in that direction. It doesn't help to just have lots and lots of images. We have to compete with some amazing photographers on Alamy and the site looks best when customers are not having to wade through our less successful images. I hope you don't mind the suggestion.

Paulette

Archived