Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, wondered if I could have your thoughts on this when you have 5.

 

Having not uploaded for many years I decided to start again.  So last week I uploaded several images in different categories and they all passed qc no problem.

 

Yesterday I again uploaded three separate submissions.  In one of them, one image failed as I was notified by email this morning giving the reason why and the file no.  So far, so understood.  However, what I'm not entirely clear on is that in the other 2 submissions made on the same day, no email advising exactly why these failed so therefore I am assuming it's purely because they were made on the same day at about the same time ?  Accordingly I have been granted a 10 day ban on uploading.  Slightly miffed but rules is rules and I will not be deterred just double and treble check.  

 

Thanks  in advance for your assistance and thoughts.

 

Carol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should one image fail, all submissions pending will fail automatically. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, many thanks for your prompt response.  

 

Ok I'm with you - so they didn't even get checked in that case which is slightly reassuring in a strange way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correct. The other images wouldn't have been looked at. If one image fails, then they all fail as a consequence. You will only be advised (usually) of the fault with one image. There may be errors with one or more of the others, but it's up to you to go back over them all with a fine toothcomb, prior to resubmitting. 

 

10 days is a light 'punishment' compared to the 30 days which used to be imposed!  It's a good incentive to get it right in the future + your QC rating (1 - 3 stars) has some limited effect on your ranking, so a good part of the jigsaw to have in place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi many thanks again point taken and thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

 

I'll probably have a few other daft questions as time goes on no doubt.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful images.

 

Paulette

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

The home page image shows obvious CA - again!

 

Alamy must have changed homepage image as it is only B & W, and some greys too.

 

Allan

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chromatic aberration- a QC fail.

Edited by spacecadet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Again thanks for all your help though not sure what particular home page is being referred to by Allan 

 

carol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Again thanks for all your help though not sure what particular home page is being referred to by Allan 

 

carol

Alamy’s home page. B&W photo of tree branches. Very clear purple fringing bottom left.

Edited by Sally

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2018 at 03:23, losdemas said:

Should one image fail, all submissions pending will fail automatically. 

 

I was searching, as I forgot how that worked. I hope I'm not failing QC, because a new batch is four days now. I hesitate to upload new, until I see what happened to that one. One fail all fail, and I think in the past, that means, they take much longer to show the results, as a small punishment. Or do reviews vary from one day to five days for Editorial?

 

Also in case someone runs into this older thread, the failed image is moved to the front of the list, which makes it easy to find. That's how to ID which one failed.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Klinger said:

... because a new batch is four days now. I hesitate to upload new, until I see what happened to that one.

The QC bunnies don't work at the weekend, and then are faced with a backlog so it's not unusual for images uploaded on Friday not to pass, or fail, until Tuesday. Sometimes it'll be this afternoon or evening.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Klinger said:

 

I was searching, as I forgot how that worked. I hope I'm not failing QC, because a new batch is four days now. I hesitate to upload new, until I see what happened to that one. One fail all fail, and I think in the past, that means, they take much longer to show the results, as a small punishment. Or do reviews vary from one day to five days for Editorial?

 

Also in case someone runs into this older thread, the failed image is moved to the front of the list, which makes it easy to find. That's how to ID which one failed.

 

 

I have been uploading recently and experiencing two, three and four days before email telling me they had passed arrived. Yes I did look in AIM between loading and receiving pass email and they were still at QC stage. This was also happening during the working week as well as weekends. No fails for a while now.

 

Allan

 

Edited by Allan Bell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the record mine have just passed - 17:20 UK time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/07/2018 at 12:45, Sally said:

Alamy’s home page. B&W photo of tree branches. Very clear purple fringing bottom left.

 

I don't often visit Alamy's home page, but did a few months back and was very surprised then to see obvious CA in an image. I thought it was one in a million fluke, perhaps not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Avpics said:

For the record mine have just passed - 17:20 UK time.

 

And thank you to all who answered, mine just passed as well. I guess I was just being nervous and forgot that weekends don't count as days. 😉

 

Now I can start another batch. I used to upload 100-200 at a time, now I'm more conservative on what I upload, or more selective I should say.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.