Hi everyone, wondered if I could have your thoughts on this when you have 5.

Having not uploaded for many years I decided to start again.  So last week I uploaded several images in different categories and they all passed qc no problem.

Yesterday I again uploaded three separate submissions.  In one of them, one image failed as I was notified by email this morning giving the reason why and the file no.  So far, so understood.  However, what I'm not entirely clear on is that in the other 2 submissions made on the same day, no email advising exactly why these failed so therefore I am assuming it's purely because they were made on the same day at about the same time ?  Accordingly I have been granted a 10 day ban on uploading.  Slightly miffed but rules is rules and I will not be deterred just double and treble check.  

Thanks  in advance for your assistance and thoughts.

Carol 

Correct. The other images wouldn't have been looked at. If one image fails, then they all fail as a consequence. You will only be advised (usually) of the fault with one image. There may be errors with one or more of the others, but it's up to you to go back over them all with a fine toothcomb, prior to resubmitting. 

10 days is a light 'punishment' compared to the 30 days which used to be imposed!  It's a good incentive to get it right in the future + your QC rating (1 - 3 stars) has some limited effect on your ranking, so a good part of the jigsaw to have in place. 

1 hour ago, geogphotos said:

The home page image shows obvious CA - again!

Alamy must have changed homepage image as it is only B & W, and some greys too.

Allan

7 minutes ago, CAROL SAUNDERS said:

Again thanks for all your help though not sure what particular home page is being referred to by Allan 

carol

Alamy’s home page. B&W photo of tree branches. Very clear purple fringing bottom left.

Edited by Sally

• 1 year later...
On 17/07/2018 at 03:23, losdemas said:

Should one image fail, all submissions pending will fail automatically. 

I was searching, as I forgot how that worked. I hope I'm not failing QC, because a new batch is four days now. I hesitate to upload new, until I see what happened to that one. One fail all fail, and I think in the past, that means, they take much longer to show the results, as a small punishment. Or do reviews vary from one day to five days for Editorial?

Also in case someone runs into this older thread, the failed image is moved to the front of the list, which makes it easy to find. That's how to ID which one failed.

4 minutes ago, Klinger said:

... because a new batch is four days now. I hesitate to upload new, until I see what happened to that one.

The QC bunnies don't work at the weekend, and then are faced with a backlog so it's not unusual for images uploaded on Friday not to pass, or fail, until Tuesday. Sometimes it'll be this afternoon or evening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Klinger said:

I was searching, as I forgot how that worked. I hope I'm not failing QC, because a new batch is four days now. I hesitate to upload new, until I see what happened to that one. One fail all fail, and I think in the past, that means, they take much longer to show the results, as a small punishment. Or do reviews vary from one day to five days for Editorial?

Also in case someone runs into this older thread, the failed image is moved to the front of the list, which makes it easy to find. That's how to ID which one failed.

I have been uploading recently and experiencing two, three and four days before email telling me they had passed arrived. Yes I did look in AIM between loading and receiving pass email and they were still at QC stage. This was also happening during the working week as well as weekends. No fails for a while now.

Allan

Edited by Allan Bell

On 17/07/2018 at 12:45, Sally said:

Alamy’s home page. B&W photo of tree branches. Very clear purple fringing bottom left.

I don't often visit Alamy's home page, but did a few months back and was very surprised then to see obvious CA in an image. I thought it was one in a million fluke, perhaps not.

2 hours ago, Avpics said:

For the record mine have just passed - 17:20 UK time.

And thank you to all who answered, mine just passed as well. I guess I was just being nervous and forgot that weekends don't count as days. 😉

Now I can start another batch. I used to upload 100-200 at a time, now I'm more conservative on what I upload, or more selective I should say.