New Contributor from Vancouver

Rose

You have some very nice images. The photo of the seated cat is beautiful and I believe it is a scottish fold breed. I would put that in the caption and keywords as I think someone might be looking for a purebred cat of a specific breed. One thing you can do is look at the captions and keywords of images in Alamy that have the same subject. You won't want to copy but you can usually see which are the most useful words. If the animals are in the wild I always give the place since sometimes buyers are looking for that. I think sometimes people don't want to admit that it is a zoo photo but I take the choice of being honest always with wildlife shots. I have sold images from zoos because the buyer was looking for that zoo. The animals should have the scientific name as well as the common name in caption and keywords. Good luck with your endeavors.

Paulette

Rosalie I like the baby shots.

Keywords like portrait, photography, collection, do not help the Alamy search.

I went to the online dictionary/thesaurus on my Mac and input “baby” and came up with, newborn baby, infant, newborn, child, tot, for the USA, and the British thesaurus added “bairn” to the USA list. Alamy is a stock agency with clients worldwide so I always include both USA and British spellings and word usage.

You might want to keyword the babies age as well. less than 1 year old, one year old, etc

Good keywording advice from Paulette

Rose, I see your scottish fold cat on a number of sites that offer free images. Why? I checked another image that looked professionally shot and it also was offered for free. You do know, I hope, that you must only upload images that you took yourself. If your images are being offered for free elsewhere you should investigate whether they are infringements of your photos. People are not going to pay here if they can get them free elsewhere.

Paulette

I suspect this is innocence and not deliberate theft but it makes me wonder if Alamy has a way of knowing whether somebody is uploading someone else's photos. I was made suspicious by images that didn't look like they were taken by the same person. And the naive question seemed inappropriate to the very professional look of many of the photos.

Paulette

4 minutes ago, NYCat said:

I suspect this is innocence and not deliberate theft but it makes me wonder if Alamy has a way of knowing whether somebody is uploading someone else's photos. I was made suspicious by images that didn't look like they were taken by the same person. And the naive question seemed inappropriate to the very professional look of many of the photos.

Paulette

I had the same immediate reaction. The photos all look too different to be have been taken by the same person. Rose needs to explain, as hopefully she will do.

1 hour ago, MariaJ said:

Another one that caught my eye, KHG83W,  is here

By accident or not, it seems quite dishonest to claim others' work as your own.

Or terribly naive. I guess some people think that if an image is free, they can do whatever they want with it, including selling it.

What a tangled Web we've woven.

Hi Kumar Number 3. Welcome. Yes we already have 2 Kumars here - the Doc One and the other one. You should really create a new thread as this one is very specifically about what appears to be image theft (somebody posting images that are not their own) and you probably don't want to be associated with this one.

16 hours ago, MariaJ said:

Another one that caught my eye, KHG83W,  is here

By accident or not, it seems quite dishonest to claim others' work as your own.

The picture does not seem to be for download on this site. 

When I tried to download  it and the site wants to install some video player??! .... who else thinks this is fishy? 

35 minutes ago, hdh said:

The picture does not seem to be for download on this site. 

When I tried to download  it and the site wants to install some video player??! .... who else thinks this is fishy? 

I think the whole thing is fishy. Surely the OP wouldn't be so dumb as to intentionally draw this kind of attention to herself. It could indeed be some kind of phishing scam. Hopefully,  Alamy will remove all of her images ASAP.

8 hours ago, pream kumar said:

Hello every one i'm  new one on Alamy how to reach on sales....i'm waiting my first sales long time....please my photos and give me you tips ( experiences ) Thanks.

Hi Kumar,

Just my personal view, I actually find your images of the Indian film sets and rural scenes really interesting, they are a bit like watching a documentary, scenes of everyday life. I don't know how commercially viable they are and it's not for me to comment on, but I love looking through them, they give a nice glimpse of 'real life', some of the people shots are beautiful!  One thing I noticed is that there are sometimes lots of similar images, i.e. images KF941F to KD93X3 seem very similar - might well be an uploading accident, but I'd think about maybe not having as many of those? But it's just a suggestion (and I often have lots of similars, too, I guess it's something we are all guilty of when we like a particular subject/scene)

But MDM is probably right - might be best to open your own thread for further comments, as Rose started this one.

This Rose is a thieving piece of sh*t!  Look at this:

On 11/20/2017 at 20:04, wiskerke said:

Isn't KH36A8 by Leslie Gilbert? Or is she stealing from you? Or are you her?

wim

edit: Oh well Maybe hers came from a free images site as well.

I've just spotted that too.  Methinks Rose isn't being 100% honest...  Scandalous!

• 3 weeks later...

This one is still posting pictures which look like they have been lifted straight off the net, not sure if they are public domain, but could cost ALAMY dearly...

The original copyright owner may not get a payout from the likes of Pixabay, but they would here, wouldn't they?
cat-portrait-KH68HB.jpg

Archived