New year, new copyright message

17 minutes ago, Bryan said:

I can never remember how to do this in LR, and always have to search the Internet for a solution. No change this year.

For those equally inept, this man has a simple explanation.

Great - very useful. Thx and HNY!

1 hour ago, RedSnapper said:

Metadata> Edit Metadata presets...

not that hard!

km

I agree. It's pretty simple really but then anything is easy when you know how to do it.  Piloting a passenger jet is easy I'm sure if you know what you are doing. 

The obvious answer here is to RTFM (where F stands for friendly of course). I thought I would check out how easy it is to find help on this topic using the Help Menu in LR. However, Adobe are not making it easy to find the Friendly Manual these days. There are no PDF manuals available it seems for the latest versions at all. It's all online but the search engine gives results across all Adobe programs and just leads round in circles. I couldn't find a simple way to find anything on LR metatada except by clicking hopefully into the various sections in the online user guide until I found what I was looking for. Even then, it was not overly informative.

Anyway if anybody is interested, you can find a downloadable pdf copy of the LR6/LRCC manual from 2016. This makes searching a lot easier as the pdf is fully searchable. It doesn't cover the latest version but not a lot has changed besides the range mask.

Finally these metadata presets in LR are very useful and can be used to add all sorts of metadata including location info and keywords.

3 hours ago, MDM said:

Anyway if anybody is interested, you can find a downloadable pdf copy of the LR6/LRCC manual from 2016. This makes searching a lot easier as the pdf is fully searchable. It doesn't cover the latest version but not a lot has changed besides the range mask.

Finally these metadata presets in LR are very useful and can be used to add all sorts of metadata including location info and keywords.

Thanks Michael, very useful! 

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

I can never remember how to do this in LR, and always have to search the Internet for a solution. No change this year.

No use Bryan, that was for 2017! ;) 

1 hour ago, Russell said:

Am I missing something here? I set my copyright notice in camera and it carries through into Lightroom and the subsequent .jpg.

There is more than one way to skin a cat as they say. However, using Lightroom (or other computer program) allows the addition of additional metadata which can't be done in camera (at least not in my cameras).

On 1/1/2018 at 04:18, Bryan said:

Thanks for the reminder, Bryan.  I'm using Capture One Pro now and it is a little more complicated but it still only took about 2 minutes to do.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2018 at 16:00, Russell said:

Am I missing something here? I set my copyright notice in camera and it carries through into Lightroom and the subsequent .jpg.

Indeed, however a Lightroom import preset gives a few more entry options. Also if you have an Olympus, you can use a preset to zap the stupid Olympus caption. (grrrr)

4 hours ago, Orange Elephant said:

Indeed, however a Lightroom import preset gives a few more entry options. Also if you have an Olympus, you can use a preset to zap the stupid Olympus caption. (grrrr)

Yup! I did not like that when shooting Olympus. Gave them up a long time ago.

Allan

Archived