Wasn't there another "by invite" Alamy forum started recently when some previous forum members here did not agree with the display of images on this forum. I seen to recall some anonymous poster here with 0 images smugly telling us that this forum is shallow and it's much better over at the "by invite" forum.

A " by invite" forum begs the question: Invited by who? And what criteria do they use to allow entry?

Ken

Wasn't there another "by invite" Alamy forum started recently when some previous forum members here did not agree with the display of images on this forum. I seen to recall some anonymous poster here with 0 images smugly telling us that this forum is shallow and it's much better over at the "by invite" forum.

A " by invite" forum begs the question: Invited by who? And what criteria do they use to allow entry?

Ken

rules # 1 & 2 apply

wim

Thanks wim and DannyC. I get it now. Feel a bit of a dill, but in defence I don't really follow the social media scene nor have I ever seen Fight Club. But I do admit that I should have Googled the phrase.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with some contributors starting a "by invite" forum on any topic. In fact I think that is essential if such contributors wish to discuss issues away from public view.

But I was a little galled when one member of that forum returned here, anonymously, and then insults the members of this forum. In my opinion that type of behaviour is a tad cowardly, reflects on the measure of the person posting and devalues the opinion posted by that person.

Also, the questions of who does the inviting and what criteria are used are relevant to this thread, notwithstanding Rule # 1 & 2.

Guess I've lost any hope of an invite. Never mind, I find the new Alamy forum quite refreshing and useful in getting a full range of views. To my mind that's what an open forum is all about.

Ken

Archived