Tagging - British English or American spelling?

Is it preferable to tag in British English or American English on Alamy? Does it make sense to use both? For instance...

Center or Centre?

Harbor or Harbour?

Color or Colour?

Organize or Organise?

And so on... What's your opinion/experience?

Search engine does not take into account alternative spellings.

Try it and the results will be different.

Allan

Why not both and increase your options?

It makes sense but I wonder if Alamy does not consider color the same as colour when searching...

I would be surprised if they do!

I certainly try to remember to use both. The old keywording system used an American spell-checker which provided useful reminders. Unless I've missed it, the new tagging system doesn't appear to check spelling (or perhaps there's an option that I haven't seen yet).

I certainly try to remember to use both. The old keywording system used an American spell-checker which provided useful reminders. Unless I've missed it, the new tagging system doesn't appear to check spelling (or perhaps there's an option that I haven't seen yet).

The Chrome browser helps with that, and I'd assume others do too

It does use the spell checker of your browser. But only on the input line.

The first IM was the best in this respect. It would show all keywords and all other input for one image on one page, without hiding anything. All miss-spellings were shown with red underlining at a glance.

The choice for US or UK English is your own.

Maybe read this article as well.

wim

On an aside note I noticed this morning whilst adding the location field that certain Thailand areas now come up in the Thai language despite inputting in English. That'll be the google map of course but useless I think on the Alamy site.

I use various spellings for harder to spell words, including American versions.

I'm glad Alamy don't use stemming....but as that gives serious contributers who take care with keywords an advantage, I'm sure it'll be introduced soon.

Geoff.

Stemming was discontinued in 2008.

Archived