Photoshop CC price increase announced (UK)

Photoshop CC prices due to rise (in the UK) on the 6th March. If you are considering subscribing it might be worth going for the yearly option before the price rise. As is becoming the usual excuse - brexit is to blame.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/adobe-photoshop-prices-creative-cloud-brexit-increase-costs-a7560091.html

Vince

Canon have a deal with Adobe at the moment in which the monthly subscription is reduced.  I can't find the full details at the moment but the subs for the first year are £5.71 excl. VAT per month.  Might be worth looking into if you're a Canon user.

Canon have a deal with Adobe at the moment in which the monthly subscription is reduced. I can't find the full details at the moment but the subs for the first year are £5.71 excl. VAT per month. Might be worth looking into if you're a Canon user.

Indeed there are a few deals like this around. Mine ends in May this year. I don't think that, for me, a continuing subscription model is sustainable. I rarely use PS and already have perpetual licenses for LR5 and PSE11, and so will probably revert back to them.

The only potential stumbling block may be that LR5 cannot read LRCC catalogs; but it is only (currently) about 9 months subscription to upgrade LR5 to LR6.

Decisions, decisions.

Photoshop CC prices due to rise (in the UK) on the 6th March. If you are considering subscribing it might be worth going for the yearly option before the price rise. As is becoming the usual excuse - brexit is to blame.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/adobe-photoshop-prices-creative-cloud-brexit-increase-costs-a7560091.html

Vince

Hardly an excuse- there's no reason why Adobe should pay for a long-term fall in the value of sterling. It needs to maintain its dollar earnings.

Vince

Hardly an excuse- there's no reason why Adobe should pay for a long-term fall in the value of sterling. It needs to maintain its dollar earnings.

And people talk about Brexit like it's actually happened. All that has happened so far is a referendum and a lot of talk. The fall in sterling coincided exactly with the referendum and it's not recovering - it's up and down around a very low level like whatever analogy you like to think of for something that goes up and down a lot. Today it's dropping http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business/market_data/currency/default.stm

Yep, just dropped a touch.

Last year Alamy said that 60% of its business was in the States. So all things being equal, that means British photographers have a net gain from the drop in the £

By the way, I was joking about Adobe subsequently dropping prices - of course they won't. Also they charge more in U.K. for their products because they have extra work in translating their products and help facilities to British English. I know that because they translate color to errrrr color. :-)

Canon have a deal with Adobe at the moment in which the monthly subscription is reduced.  I can't find the full details at the moment but the subs for the first year are £5.71 excl. VAT per month.  Might be worth looking into if you're a Canon user.

Just had a quick look online with a search for 'canon photoshop cc' and couldn't find any links where the price is discounted.

Have you got a link please?

John.

Last year Alamy said that 60% of its business was in the States. So all things being equal, that means British photographers have a net gain from the drop in the £

By the way, I was joking about Adobe subsequently dropping prices - of course they won't. Also they charge more in U.K. for their products because they have extra work in translating their products and help facilities to British English. I know that because they translate color to errrrr color. :-)

Unfortunately that only applies if you get most of your income from Alamy. Have you seen what has happened to equipment prices even with the £  recovering somewhat against the yen :(.

Less than 20% of mine and only one since the referendum.

Worryingly, slightly more from the EU. In a few years they will probably both be behind a tariff barrier.

Unfortunately that only applies if you get most of your income from Alamy. Have you seen what has happened to equipment prices even with the £  recovering somewhat against the yen :(.

Alamy have always recommended supplying various agencies. At present the big sellers in the world are ALL in the States; so a weak £ is brilliant for UK stock photographers right now. Presumably you earn more than you spend - so doesn't matter if equipment prices go up - it'll always be less than the amount of $ earned.

Also equipment prices going up only matters if you buy more Canon/Nikon cameras than you earn from your Japanese agents.

Less than 20% of mine and only one since the referendum.

Worryingly, slightly more from the EU. In a few years they will probably both be behind a tariff barrier.

I wouldn't worry too much about tariffs at this stage. In any case the big countries for stock sales has always been UK, USA & Japan - with Germany competing quite well at times. We can always agree with them; no tariff on cars and stock imagery.

Just had a quick look online with a search for 'canon photoshop cc' and couldn't find any links where the price is discounted.

John.

Hello John

It's not easy to find.  Anyway, I found a link to it via Canon's CPN newsletter, here: https://creative.adobe.com/promo/CanonEMEACCPP?sdid=9WGN45Z1&mv=affiliate?utm_source=newsletter_january_2_17&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter

Give it a try - I hope it works out for you.

Chris

I wouldn't worry too much about tariffs at this stage. In any case the big countries for stock sales has always been UK, USA & Japan - with Germany competing quite well at times. We can always agree with them; no tariff on cars and stock imagery.

Could you recommend any US stock agencies?

Good luck!

I would be lost without Lightroom, in particular.  I started out with the books by Scott Kelby, which are good but a bit pricy now.  Alternatively, there are lots of online tutorials and, of course, the Alamy forum is always good for advice on specific matters.

Chris

Could you recommend any US stock agencies?

Good question - but as this is the Alamy forum it wouldn't be appropriate to be recommending Other agents.

Canon have a deal with Adobe at the moment in which the monthly subscription is reduced. I can't find the full details at the moment but the subs for the first year are £5.71 excl. VAT per month. Might be worth looking into if you're a Canon user.

John.

Hello John

It's not easy to find. Anyway, I found a link to it via Canon's CPN newsletter, here: https://creative.adobe.com/promo/CanonEMEACCPP?sdid=9WGN45Z1&mv=affiliate?utm_source=newsletter_january_2_17&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter

Chris

Chris,

Only just seen your link, yes it works - many thanks!

I have been considering Photoshop CC for a while, the canon special offer might decide the issue for me.

John.

Your decision, John, but I can tell you that the download process was relatively straightforward (for Adobe!) and the new versions seem to be working well for me.  A few new features but, mainly, it's good to get everything integrated properly and know that updates will be available at no extra cost.

Good luck

Chris

John.

Hello John

It's not easy to find. Anyway, I found a link to it via Canon's CPN newsletter, here: https://creative.adobe.com/promo/CanonEMEACCPP?sdid=9WGN45Z1&mv=affiliate?utm_source=newsletter_january_2_17&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Newsletter

Chris

Chris,

Only just seen your link, yes it works - many thanks!

I have been considering Photoshop CC for a while, the canon special offer might decide the issue for me.

John.

Your decision, John, but I can tell you that the download process was relatively straightforward (for Adobe!) and the new versions seem to be working well for me.  A few new features but, mainly, it's good to get everything integrated properly and know that updates will be available at no extra cost.

Good luck

Chris

Chris,

I took the plunge and i've signed up for Photoshop CC!

​It took a while to upload, presumably because I already had Lightroom loaded so it had to sort that out.

The only thing i can see wrong is that camera raw is greyed out, and I don't know why.

Thanks again for the link, i've saved myself £2 a month on the subscription!

John.

"The only thing i can see wrong is that camera raw is greyed out, and I don't know why."

Do you mean on the download page?  If so, it may be because it is already up to date; as you already had LR on your system it may already be installed.  Just guessing.

Chris

Archived